I am looking for input on how other manufacturing companies use the EPDM BOM in manufacturing, ERP integration, and disposition of the BOM lifecycle (start to end).
***Disclaimer: In my former life, a BOM had a well-defined lifecycle of its own and was transitioned to Supply Chain for disposition and returned to Production in the form of a kit***
- > 50% of our CAD data is generated by an external engineering supply house
- 20% of our CAD data is in AutoCAD
- The balance of our CAD data is in SolidWorks
- Internal engineering is populating BOMs in the SolidWorks CAD files they use but I am stumped with how to handle the other 70% of our CAD data
- There is someone currently scraping the BOM contents off the PDFs as the drawing releases and sends it to supply chain for ordering and parts for kitting
Ideas and thoughts are welcome.
Thanks in advance.