You may recall that we released eDrawings for iPad earlier this year, which lets you view and review native eDrawings® files, DraftSight® files, SolidWorks® parts, assemblies and drawings files. But some of you have been asking us to expand the feature set, and include some of the capabilities found in the desktop version of eDrawings Professional.
So today, we're happy to announce the availability of eDrawings Pro for iPad. Some of the new capabilities include dynamic cross section views, measurements, markups and annotations, and the unique ability to share it all by email.
With a brand new intuitive user interface and improved performance, eDrawings® Pro for iPad enables you to dynamically view cross sections of your models in XY, YZ, or ZX directions from both sides and easily drag the cross section plane on screen or with a convenient slider. You can also measure distances in your designs, with easy-to-use selection filters for faces, edges, vertices, and holes.
With eDrawings® Pro for iPad you can create markups on your drawings, including text notes, freehand notations, dimensions, cross-section views, photos, and camera snapshots. You can share your marked up eDrawings files with others for review and further comments. All markups with history are saved within the eDrawings file.
- New intuitive and easy-to-use user interface
- Significant performance improvements for opening, viewing, and interacting with all types of models
- Open 3D (EASM, EPRT, SLDASM, SLDPRT), 2D (EDRW, SLDDRW, DWG, DXF), and associated files from any source: email attachments, cloud storage services (Dropbox™, Google Drive™, SkyDrive®, YouSendIt®, and others), email, web and FTP sites, networks, and iTunes® File Sharing
- Zoom, pan, and rotate your 3D and 2D CAD data using multi-touch
- Browse your assembly components tree, model configurations and drawing sheets
- Hide, show, or make components transparent
- Select View mode: standard orthogonal views, shaded with edges, perspective view
- Play animated 3D standard views as well as 2D drawing views
- View your designs in full screen and double tap to fit it on screen
- Double tap zooms to drawing views
- Markup your designs and send to others, and read others’ markups
- Measure your design data
- View cross sections of your 3D designs
- Sample files included