AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to Save to .JPG from Modeling Window Without Losing Floor Shadows???

Question asked by Danny Sillett on Aug 28, 2012
Latest reply on Aug 29, 2012 by Jerry Steiger

Hey all, I'm having an issue where I need to save higher res .JPG, (or.PNG preferrably,) files than what a screenshot / paste to Paint / Save As can achieve for me, so I need to handle this by selecting "Save As" from the modeling window and exporting the screen's current view to a .JPG.  Problem is when I save the file it eliminates the floor shadows, and I need those in there.  Is there an option for this somewhere in the software?

Any suggestions on how to fix this or if I can achieve a higher quality file only using a screen capture?  I've also tried the screen capture / paste to paint / save as .PNG because it's a lossless format, but I think as soon as I paste into Paint it degrades on me, because it appears Paint in Win 7 is set only to 96 DPI without any option for adjustment, (I know it's a rudimentary program for editing raster files, but it's all I have at the moment, unless there's some free software out there I can get my hands on.)

The file named "DWX 720 DPI" was created using "save as" with the floor shadows turned on.  The image quality is good, but I lose the shadows.

The file named "DWX Low Res with Floor Shadows" was done by doing a screen capture, pasting to Paint and saving as a .JPG.  Floor shadows are there, but image quality is JUNK!!!

Any advice would be great, cuz I need to give these files out at 720DPI or better if possible to keep the image quality up.

Thanks in advance!!!

Outcomes