5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2012 12:01 PM by Eric Endlich

How to control Data Card field with a Radio Button

Todd Barr

I am trying to control a Data Card field with a Radio Button. I want the Part No field to either be free format text input, or the SW filename. I created a Radio Button to "select" if the user wants the Part No to be the same as the filename. I attached a screenshot.

Thanks, Todd

• Re: How to control Data Card field with a Radio Button
          Raghavendra Bhagwan

Todd,

The attachment is missing

Tim Read

You probably need two tabs that are controlled by the radio button.  The radio button on one tab sets the variable value and that switches to the other tab and vice-versa. On one tab you have the part number variable set to the SW Filename and on the other you have a the part number variable as an edit box.

I have not tried this but in theory it should work...

Jeff Sweeney

I'd use a checkbox instead of a radio button. You cannot turn a single radio button off once you turn it on.

Then you can control if the user is allowed to type anything into the field via "Control" -> "Control Logic"

Eric Endlich

Todd,

Take a look at the attached images. I made a card that uses control logic to display 1 of 2 text boxes. Each text box points to a seperate variable and the checkbox value of 1 or 0 determines which box is displayed. The checkbox variable is a "Yes or No" type. Make sure that the checkbox has a default vault otherwise both text boxes will be displayed at first. If you want, you can drag the two boxes over eachother, that way there isnt so much of a gap between the label and text box. I dont think this is the exact way you are trying to setup, however, I don't think it would be possible to toggle between showing the filename and an editable text box using the same variable. If both fields point to the same variable, the filename textbox value will be overwritten as soon as the editable text box changes with no way of "reloading" the filename in the filename textbox without re-adding the file to the vault. Hope that helps.

Resulting Data Card Views:

example.jpg

Part Number Text Box

PartNumberTextBox.jpg

Part Number Text Box Control Logic

PartNumberControlLogic.jpg

Part Number as SW Filename Text Box

PartNumberAsSWFileNameTextBox.jpg

Part Number as SW Filename Text Box Control Logic

PartNumberAsSWFileNameControlLogic.jpg

Use SW Filename as Part No Checkbox

UseSWFileNameAsPartNoCheckbox.jpg