5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2012 11:56 AM by Cory Miller

Watermark question not related to drawings or student editions

Cory Miller

I'm looking for a way to put a note or watermark into the design window while working with assemblies or parts that is linked to a custom property. The catch is that I don't want the note to scale or rotate with the assembly.

Hypothetical example: While working on a design that hasn't been released yet I would like the word "DRAFT" to appear at the top and bottom of the viewing screen at all times while working on a part or assembly. After the part has been released for production I'd like to have it say "PRODUCTION" or something similar at the top and bottom of the screen. I'm thinking this would work something like a header/footer.

This is pretty easy to do in a drawing, but seems to be impossible to do for a part or assembly file, but due to some policy changes I need to find some way to do this.

Here's what I've tried so far:

Title Block Table - Doesn't rotate, but it scales with the part/assembly. Also to get a cell at the top and bottom of the window, it requires a large cell in the middle that pretty much makes it impossible to do any sort of design work as the only thing that can be selected is the table.

3D Note - The text doesn't scale, but it shifts around the screen as the part/assembly rotates (Technically I think it rotates with the annotation plane anchor point).

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Cory