6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2012 4:35 PM by Craig Lalumiere

File templates within file templates

Craig Lalumiere

HI there EPDM gurus!

I am having a problem with my templates. I first create a main template that creates my file structure and passes on the Job information through variables, Such as the job number. That works perfectly the variables work for all the sub folders and is seen on the data card. When copying over a part the variables come through and there shown on the data card as well so the data seems to be there.

The issue comes in when trying to create another folder template with in the original folder template. I want the folder to name it based off the information in the original folder above it. When creating the folder the variables are blank but after it’s created the variables are added. How do I get the variables to be recognized when the folder is being created? It seems the EPDM wants me to manually enter the information.

Thanks in advance

• Re: File templates within file templates
          Ravi Teja

Hi Craig,

In the second template card ,make the default value as "from folder data card" and assign appropriate variables for the variables that         needs to be copied from the folder card.

Regards

Ravi T

Craig Lalumiere

Ravi,

Any chance you can screen shot what you are looking at? I am missing somthing here.

Thanks!

Craig

Ravi Teja

Craig,

I Currently Cant dont have EPDM but let me explain.

You Current Situation:

1. You have a template which creates Folder Structure.

2. All the folder Data Card are Filled as Expected as all the child folders are taking values from parent folder. (because default value for variables value is set to the last option). to see this click on a variable in Folder Data Card and on right under "Default value" last option is checked.

3. You are trying to create another folder structure under this previously created folder structure. but you want to name this folderes based on the folders card variables present on the previosly created folder's Data Card.

What you have to do.

1. To name the folder according to your need,Create a template card (this will be used to create second folder structure within the first one).

2. Put required variable in the template card (whichj will be used for naming the folder).and on the right under "default value" section select the last option. (value from folder data card). and selet the variable you need from alreday created folder.

3.In the template .use above template card and name the folder.

Regards

Ravi T