2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2012 11:06 PM by David Escobar

Newly installed SW2011 and sketch picture fails.

David Escobar

Today I installed Sw2011 and when testing sketch picture , it fails to load the box to choose the item and it seems as it just keeps running trying to load and finally crashes. I reinstalled only to find the same problem, any ideas?

In on windows 7,  64 bit but running Sw on compatability xp  service pack 3

• Re: Newly installed SW2011 and sketch picture fails.
          Deepak Gupta

Welcome to SolidWorks forums David.

No offence but first of all move your discussion to install to general tab as this doesn't belong to toolbox category. Use move discussion option under Actions on the right side of the post.

Actions.png

Secondly, do you've antivirus installed on the machine. If yes then disable it and reinstall SolidWorks.

If possible install SW2011 SP 5.

Next question: Why can't you use Win 7 with 64 bit version of SW.

You might also find this post helpful for your future reference

• Re: Newly installed SW2011 and sketch picture fails.
              David Escobar

Thank You Mr.Gupta , i've changed the category and i'll try re installing SW w/out the anti-virus , maybe it's that. If not i'll go with SW-sp5

perhaps I didn't explain to well , but I can use the program perfectly and all functions seem to works except Sketch picture. Like I said the funtion loads but it  freezes when loading the new box to choose any option and finally crashes.