For some reason i cannot move these at all. Im not sure if it has something to do with the standard or some kind of setting. Please help.
You have ISO set as the Drafting Standard but the Section view is set to ANSI. I set the the Drafting Standard to ANSI then I was able to move arrows.
*edit - if this fixes your issue, you should update your templates.
Try double-clicking inside the view boundary (the dotted rectangle that shows up around the graphics) and then see if you can drag your arrow heads. If that doesn't help, then you may have inadvertantly added a sketch relation to the end of the section line. Right-click on the section line and select 'edit sketch' and check the endpoint for coincident relations you didn't intend to pick up.
Thanks for your input, John. I've tried both options but neither worked. Im not sure what else would prevent me from stretching them.
OK, so the grips you get when you select the dimension line normally control the arrow-head placement. However, in the case your drawing, they appear to set the arrow tail length, which is why you can drag them up passed the section line by can't drag them right or left-like this.
Weird and crazy. You can work around the problem by tracking the tail down or up from the section line. This makes the invisible corner grip on the section line selectable (you won't see the little square, but you can now drag the endpoint and resize the section line)
I think you might be onto something about it being your drafting standards settings, because when I load my company standards file, the arrow jumps to the grip
You can drag the arrow grip back to the other side and it behaves normally However, I can't locate the setting that's causing the behavior your' seeing. Aside of the layer and linestyle, your section lines are the same as mine. that's an unusual problem. One thing that might be helpful: I went into document properties and changed the overall drafting standard from your iso-modified setup to ANSI and that righted the section line. That probably means your template is the culprit. If you go into your template, reset the global standard to ANSI and then go through and apply your individual settings, that might repair the issue.
Does this problem exist in all drawings, or just the one?
If it's all drawings, create a simple test model and drawing and Zip & post them here for testing.
If it's just the one drawing, try closing & re-opening, or re-starting SW, or rebooting the computer.
If it persists, delete the section and try again.
If it still doesn't work after all that, call your VAR.
The problem seems to persist throughout my drawings.
I have the files zipped and ready to upload but im not sure how to upload them to this thread.
In case you're replying to a post, please use "advanced editor" in case you want to attach any files.
This soloution was already suggested above by John. I tried removing the relations but it did not work.
Sorry didn't noticed that
I have just installed solidworks on a new computer and ive been to busy to update my teplates. I should have just imported the settings from another drawing in the beginning.
Retrieving data ...