2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2012 4:39 PM by Cherise Fillinger

Cosmetic Thread - calloutformat

Cherise Fillinger

When I use the Insert call-out to call-out my threads the default SolidWorks call-out looks as below.  I would like to edit the calloutformat to change the call-out so it looks like:

1/4-28 UNF-2A

example.JPG

I have made such a change with the hole call-outs and it worked great.  However, In this case I think the "Machine Threads" langauge is embedded with the <cthrd-size>.  Does any one know how to edit this?

Thanks,

Cherise

• Re: Cosmetic Thread - calloutformat
          Steve Ostrovsky

Look for a file named C:\Program Files\SolidWorks 2012\SolidWorks\lang\english\calloutformat.txt

You can edit this file to have it change the default variables that are pulled from the database during the Hole Callout tool. It's just a text file and not hard to do, just tedious to find all the types and standards that you need to update.

• Re: Cosmetic Thread - calloutformat
              Cherise Fillinger

I have that file.  Here is the code. 

MACHINE-THREADS-INTERNAL=<cthrd-size> <cthrd-type>

MACHINE-THREADS-EXTERNAL=<cthrd-size> <cthrd-type>

STRAIGHT-PIPE-TAPPED-THREAD-INTERNAL=<cthrd-size> <cthrd-type>

STRAIGHT-PIPE-TAPPED-THREAD-EXTERNAL=<cthrd-size> <cthrd-type>    

The problem is that the "Machine Threads" langauge seems to be embedded with the <cthrd-size>.   

Does anyone know the proper code for me to put in to get 1/4-28 UNF-2A as an output?  Is there another table I need to edit to remove the "machine threads" from the <cthrd-size>.