acensium, llc is searching for designers/drafters that are well-versed in Solidworks (2+ years of experience) and preferably have CSWA certification and sheet metal experience.
Ideal candidates will be proficient in performing the following tasks:
- Work from notes, verbal instructions, sketches and drawings, or engineering specifications. Consolidate information to be used to prepare working plans, layouts and detailed drawings.
- Prepare fabrication drawings for production release and vendor quotation process.
- Provide the required level of documentation for standard and custom projects. Specific tasks may include making models, drawings and assemblies and Bill of Materials using Solidworks and other modeling software, as required. Follows acensium’s Best Practices for model creation, sheet metal detailing, drawing creation, file management, and revision control.
- Resolve mechanical and fabrication problems with designed or purchased parts used in a design. Assure that any changes are documented and prepared in accordance with engineering change procedures and in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain effective communications and working relationships with management and co-workers. Provide regular feedback and updates to project team members and immediate supervisor about the status of design tasks.
- Minimum of associate's degree (A. A. or A.S.) from two-year college or technical school.
- Extensive experience (2+ years) in Solidworks and AutoCAD required.
- Knowledge of sheet metal design with k-factors and bend factors a plus.
- CSWA’s given special consideration.
acensium is a small, focused engineering and consulting firm, facilitating the process of combustible dust control in material handling systems. Our clients range from large power generating companies in the Southeast such as Southern Company and Progress Energy to iron refining operations in the Upper Midwest. Our unique approach to the industry has been received favorably by our clients as evidenced by a considerable increase in demand, which has resulted in our current backlog of work and subsequent need to enter an expansionary phase. Our fast paced work environment still requires an eye for detail. We encourage innovation and optimization in all facets of our business. Opportunities are available for cross training and career growth.
acensium is located just 10 miles from the white sandy beaches of the Gulf of Mexico on the west coast of Florida. We enjoy over 300 days of sunshine a year, affordable housing and an excellent public school system. Fort Myers has a small town feel with big city amenities.
Use our contact page at www.acensium.com to engage us in discussion about this position and limit the amount of spam hitting our inbox!