5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2012 2:43 PM by Tom Cote

Showing a Tab in a data card

Tom Cote

Hi All,

I have a datacard with 4 tabs in it.  I ideally want 3 on all the time and another (vendor info) only showing when a users selects a radio button called Purchased.  I can get it to work with a dropdown list, but that only displays one tab at a time.  is this even possible to do?

Thanks in advance for you thoughts.

Tom

• Re: Showing a Tab in a data card
          Tim Read

Hi Tom,

This is quite easy to do - I use the variable "Type".

The easiest way I have found to do this is to have tabs 'stacked'.

The bottom tab in the stack has two tabs and is controlled by the 'Type' variable - Purchased Radio button.

On the 'purchased' tab you create your 4 tabs. Then just copy that tab, switch tabs to the non-purchased tab and paste. Now edit the tab list on the non-purchased tab and just delete the line corresponding to the unwanted tab.

It is easy but I wonder if there is a better way - I find the above keeps the datacard tabs, variable, etc always in the same location during the switching of the 'Type'. There is a duplication of the tabs but I do not know if that is a bad thing. Editing the card is also easy despite the double-up - edit tabs, delete, copy, paste, edit tab list.

Tim

Tom Cote

Hi Tim,

Sounds like it is exactly what I want for a result.  I am not quite getting there though.  I've tried a few different ways to "stack" tabs but can only seem to get one to show.  I attached a screen shot of what I think you mean for the bottom tab.  The Purchased radio button does activate the Vendo tab so I know it's getting close.

Thanks,

Tom

Tabs in card.png

Tim Read

Hi Tom,

I think you're finding the issue that you can't un-check the "Purchased" Radio Button. If you create another Radio Button and link it to the same variable and call it say "Manufactured" then it will toggle the value of the variable between the two. You will also want to define which Radio Button is "Checked" by default.

Your Tabs would then be named "Purchased" and "Manufactured".

Michael Dekoning

Tom,

Copy your tab control that has 4 tabs, paste it and delete the "Purchased" tab from the copy. In the Card Editor menu select Control > Control logic... Add a Hide action where Type Text Equal To Purchased, assuming you called the variable tied to the radio button "Type."

For the original tab control with 4 tabs, add a Hide action where Type Text Not Equal To Purchased.

Tim is correct that you will need to add another radio button control tied to your "Type" variable that will allow you to change the variable value from Purchased to something else, i.e. Non-Purchased.

Mike

EPDM 2012 SP2

Tom Cote

Mike,

Thanks for the help that was the perfect answer.  As you know what it meant was that I had to move the Vendor tab from being the last tab to being the first tab (on my 4 tab option).  But once the tab order was corrected it worked great, exactly what I was looking for.  instead of making one equal to text "Purchased" and the other not equal to "Purchased" I did one as equal to "Purchased" and the other box equal to "Made"

Thanks to all for your help, this seems to be a difficult one to get.

Tom