DESCRIPTION:ModernTech Mechanical, a SolidWorks reseller, has been providing 3D Engineering Solutions to discrete manufacturing companies in the Southeast since 1996. We have a great opportunity for a motivated team player who desires to work with leading-edge design technology, has a passion for success, and enjoys working with people. The Application Engineer will provide comprehensive Pre and Post Sales technical support including demonstrations, training, product positioning, and competitive overviews. Deliver product presentations to prospects both at the end user level and senior management level.
Responsibilities include having a good knowledge of the MCAD industry, strong communications skills – both verbal and written, plus excellent customer-relationship skills. This position requires some travel.
Additional tasks include:
- Requires in-depth experience with Windows and 3D MCAD solid modeling software.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft O/S, MS/Office products and related hardware devices (MCSE a plus)
- Comprehensive working knowledge of SolidWorks (CSWP or equivalent a strong plus)
- Experience with Rapid-prototyping, FEA software, Visual Basic, PDM software, and/or database (Access/SQL) programming is preferred.
- Excellent analytical and technical troubleshooting skills.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND ATTRIBUTES:
The ideal candidate must be familiar with 3D solid modeling and have actual design work experience, plus have the following background:
- BS Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- 3 to 5 years MCAD industry experience
- Understands Engineering and Mechanical design processes and terms
- Understands 3D Solid Modeling processes
- Mechanical design experience with emphasis on product design and assemblies
- Superb interpersonal skills and team player mentality
- Presents a professional image and comes across as a confident and credible speaker
- Excellent time management, written communication, and organizational skills
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Salary commensurate with experience/performance
- Benefits include medical, dental, 401(k), and vacation
ModernTech is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer encouraging workforce diversity.
ModernTech is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon passing a drug test.
Please forward your resume along with salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org