Customer Support Engineer
Relevant Work Experience: 2 to 5 years
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education Level: Associates Degree
General Summary: Primary responsibilities are to provide SolidWorks training and technical support in all aspects, relating to applications that FISHER/UNITECH supports. Handles support for 3rd party software applications. Must have core knowledge of SolidWorks. Must be a quick learner, able to handle stress and work in a fast-paced environment. Serves as technical liaison for assigned geographical or account territory.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs training in all aspects of the SolidWorks product line (45%)
- Manages incoming technical support cases (45%)
- Follows up on vendor related cases, such as Service Requests (SR) and Software Performance Reports (SPR) from SolidWorks
- Researches and creates Knowledge Base articles o Insures technical support surveys are Excellent
- Performs marketing events such as Hands-On Test Drives, Tradeshows, Technology Fairs, etc. (5%)
- Performs other duties as needed and directed by Customer Support Engineering Manager (5%)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of company products and services, policies and procedure
- Skills in operating equipment, such as personal computer, software and IT systems
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Ability to communicate with employees and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to speak with upset customers and reach an amiable solution
- Ability to organize multiple work assignments and establish priorities
- Ability to negotiate with others and resolve conflicts, particularly in sensitive situations
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and to ensure accuracy of reports and data
- Ability to make sound decisions using available information while maintaining confidentiality
- Ability to pass all SolidWorks certifications
FISHER/UNITECH: Established in 1993, provides Product Lifecycle Management solutions to discrete manufacturing companies. The company's focus is on process improvement for product development, including the disciplines of industrial design, engineering and manufacturing planning. Process improvement is obtained through the integration of advanced software and hardware-based solutions to replace legacy systems.
The applications of focus include PLM, CAID, CAD, CAM, CAE, PDM, KBE, Reverse Engineering and Rapid Prototyping. Professional services are offered for design automation and data management, which gives the company a full service, one-stop source for complex PLM systems. The company offers advanced web-based delivery of education programs with its interactive instructor-led 3DU, and product technical support through its 3DTech systems. The company serves the Midwest with 11 branch office locations with full classroom facilities.
FISHER/UNITECH is a leading reseller of SolidWorks CAD Software, SolidWorks Enterprise PDM and the Dimension 3D Printer with 11 branch offices serving Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri and Kansas.
How to Apply: