7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2014 10:01 AM by Brian McEwen

2012 EPDM Search Multiple Varibles

Ryan Dietz

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to have one field on a search card, look through 10 different fields on a folder card? I am setting up a place in my vault that will be used for Manufacturing Kaizen events. They want sepereate fields to list out the team members (total of 10) and have the ability to search for a particular persons name associated with that event. On my file card there are 10 different varibles labeled Team Member 1, Team Member 2..... On my search card I would like one field called something like Team Member and have that field look in all 10 field on the folder card.

I hope that makes sense.

Any ideas?

• Re: 2012 EPDM Search Multiple Varibles
          Jason Capriotti

There are a couple of ways to try this.

You can use the "History" search option on the complete search form. Uncheck all except "Look in card variables values". Then type the person's name in the drop down. The downside is it will find the persons name on any document in any field in the vault, although you could create a card that searches only in the sepcified folders and/or add other variable to only search the document type you want.

Another way to do this is to add an 11th field (text and read-only) on the data card called "Team Members" and create an input formula that concantenates the 10 team member fields together. Then search on that field.