2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2012 7:15 AM by Chris Michalski

Running Simulation and Recieving Solver error

Matt Varvel

Hellow SW,

I have set up a simulation with all of the correct conditions but the solvers is terminating and showing certain errors:

1) The flow has high Mach number, the "High Mach number flow" option is recommended (dont know where this option is)

2) A vortex crosses the pressure opening

3) Real gas parameters (pressure and/or temperature are outside the definitional domain of substance properties     T<Tmin

I am essentially trying to run an air flow simulation that pushes humid high pressure (125psi) and temperature (280C) air against a frozen plate where it will then enter an environment of 100psi. Im not sure if SWFS can simulate frost condenstion or if it just lowers the temperature of the air but regardless I cannot complete the simulation.

Any advise?

Matt

Pic.PNG

• Re: Running Simulation and Recieving Solver error
          Owen Cartmell

The high mach number option is under general settings > fluids > flow characteristics (at the bottom). As for the other two, I don't know sorry.

• Re: Running Simulation and Recieving Solver error
            Chris Michalski

Matt -

#1 see Owen's note on where to find high mach option - if you do not expect high mach numbers then look at your simulation as to where the problem is and increase mesh resolution locally

#2 a vortex crosses the pressure opening means that at one of your pressure inlet BCs you have flow both in and out.  The best solution is to increase the length of leadin (i.e. if it is the end of a pipe make that pipe longer so that it is a uniform flow in the same direction).

#3 have you taken a cross-section plot in the 3 main planes to look for extremely low temperatures?  I've never used humidity but it may simply be complaining that you have temperatures below your dewpoint and because it does not do phase changes it considers it an error.