96 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2012 11:55 AM by Michael Tiffany

Some News About Wayne Tiffany

Richard Doyle

Hi Everyone,

Our good friend Wayne Tiffany underwent surgery for cancer last week.  Wayne is recovering in the hospital, and will be there for a few more days.  Wayne will have a long road to recovery, and I hope that all of you will keep him in your thoughts.

Wayne has touched a lot of lives in the SolidWorks Community, freely sharing knowledge, participating in these forums, and running the Kansas City SolidWorks User Group.  He's been a SWUGN representative, and regular presenter at SolidWorks World.  Wayne was also the first recipient of the Michelle Pillers Community award in 2011.

One of my favorite stories to share is from a SWUGN Summit event in San Diego some years ago.  Wayne was there to give a sheet metal session, and when someone told him afterward that they wished they could have seen it, he promptly set up his computer in the hallway and did the session again - after the event was over.

Wayne's wife Becky has set up a Caring Bridge page where you can read about his story, and offer words of encouragement.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/waynetiffany

Please visit the site and leave a note for Wayne, I now that he'll appreciate it.  You can also leave comments here and I will make sure he sees them.

All of us in the SolidWorks Community wish Wayne the very best, and we hope for a speedy recovery.

Richard

• Re: Some News About Wayne Tiffany
          Sudikin Tech

Hopefully soon recovered.....

Jeff Mowry

Whoa--thanks for letting us know about that, Richard.

Glenn Schroeder

Please tell him that my prayers are with him, and to hurry back.  We miss him here.

Anthony Macke

get well soon wayne, will be in our thoughts and prayers

Jeff Holliday

I know the old adage of "why do bad things seem to happen to only good people?" is not true, but sometimes it seems so. Best wishes and prayers to him and his circle of friends for a return to action!

Carl Kauffman

I have never had the pleasure of meeting Wayne. However, when I was considering buying a 3D mouse I came upon a video he filmed at SW world regarding the advantages of them.

His video convinced me I had to have one… Thanks Wayne.

Aviv Liberman

Sorry to hear of Wayne's suffer.

I wish him to be well as soon as possible and back to the activities he likes so much.

Be well, Wayne!

Dan Riffell

Get well soon, buddy.

Edson Gebo

Wayne Tiffany = Classiest, smartest, kindest, most genuine man I've ever met. 

Be strong and get well soon my friend!

John Matrishon

Wishing Wayne all the best.  It's times like these you wish we all had a little CTRL-Q to hit, and just rebuild everything.  Stay strong, there is a large group of SolidWorks friends routing for you!

Michael Lord

I was fortunate to able to attends Wayne's Sheet Metal Presentation at SWW12 early this year. It is a great presenation.

We bumped into each other a few time during that week & had a enjoyable conversation about his time spent in Australia. 

I know he'll give this a good fight, all the best and stay strong my friend

Deepak Gupta

Thanks Richard for sharing and it is nice to hear that he is recovering well.

Wishing Wayne all the best and speedy recovery..

Kelvin Lamport

I'm so sorry to hear this news, Wayne.

Here's hoping you have a speedy & full recovery, and wishing you all the very best for the future.

John Layne

It was a shock to hear this, I was in email contact with Wayne a number of years back in regard to questions on implementing EPDM. He's always happy to help and contribute to the SolidWorks Global Community.

I look forward to his recovery.

All the way down here in Perth Australia, he and his family are in our thoughts.

Anna Wood

Scary news Richard.... Will be sure to keep Wayne in our thoughts and prayers.

John Faraci

Only know Wayne through the forum here but want to wish him a quick and complete recovery. My prayers for him and his family.

John Summers

Richard, thanks for the post.  We will definitely keep Wayne and his family in our prayers- the best to him for a speedy recovery.

Mike Baljak

Wishing Wayne a complete recovery.

David Paulson

I am very concerned to hear this news aboout Wayne.  I always read his posts because they are insightful and practical.  I look forward to his posts again when he back to his old form. 

Josh Mings

Wayne. awesome guy. thanks for letting us know Richard.

Scott Maro

Our thoughts and Prayers are with you Wayne.

Greg Hynd

I see Wayne is back in Hospital, after discovery of another tumour. We need to pray for him.

Anne Yust

[written July 18, 2012 and just "recovered" now]

SO sad to hear this news about Wayne. Hopefully he has his laptop and can log on and see all our well wishes. If not, Richard, please tell Wayne I am looking forward to seeing him in his plaid shirt at SolidWorks World 2013. Wayne was one of the first guys to help me on the phone when I was first struggling with SolidWorks in 2005. We exchanged several emails. Finally he asked for my number and helped me over the phone. I'll never forget that.

8/2/2012 - Just got back last night after being in the mountains of New Mexico for almost two weeks, with no WiFi or even 3G. I will log in to the CaringBridge site and leave a message for Wayne. Seems like he's doing a lot better - yea! God has answered all the prayers! I didn't want to set up another account and password (CaringBridge), but Wayne is worth it, so I will, and I hope others do, too. I skimmed the 395 messages just now and see a dozen or so from SolidWorks colleagues. Hopefully he will see all these comments on here, too.

Wayne will be swarmed at SolidWorks World - I imagine there might even be some guys huggin' him this year.

Jerry Steiger

Richard,

Thanks for posting this. I've been away from the Forums for about a month and it was a bit of a shock to hear about Wayne. It was heart-warming to read the fine journal that his wife is writing on the CaringBridge site and to see all of the responses from his family and friends, many of them met through SolidWorks. The faith that Wayne, his family and friends so strongly evidence seems to be well placed, although there is a long road ahead.

Jerry Steiger

Abhijeet Katkar

The power of love to change bodies is legendary, built into folklore, common sense, and everyday experience. Love moves the flesh, it pushes matter around.... Throughout history, "tender loving care" has uniformly been recognized as a valuable element in healing.

"Larry Dossey"

Hey look Weyne how many people love you here !!

I may never be in contact with you directly but always appreciated the efforts on SW FORUM to enlighten us,

Tnx & get well soon !!!

Tony Cantrell

Thanks Richard for letting us know, Hang in there Wayne, it can be beat. Just went thru this in March, get well soon.

Scott McFadden

Richard,

Thanks for letting us know.

Wayne if you are reading this, just know my prayers are with you.  I was honored to have had the opportunity to have shared a couple of meals

with you at SWW 2011.  Keep in touch and know you are loved on this forum.

Anne Yust

According to today's CaringBridge website (which Wayne's wife updates), Wayne is now back in ICU (Intensive Care Unit). His wife has asked for our prayers. "He is critical."

Mark Kaiser

Anne, thank you for this update.

Scott McFadden

Anne,

Thanks for the update.

Very sad and troubling.  Will continue to pray hard for Wayne.

Scott McFadden

Just read the Caring Bridge posting from Waynes wife this morning and sadly things are not looking good.

They refused the surgery of the small intestine because of the complications it could cause and they are saying

he could be in his last hours. 

Wayne and his family desperately need God's comfort in this tragic time.  They need all the prayers they can get.

Just so everyone knows, I have attached a link to this thread on the Caring Bridge website so those that are in his family

can see the support, thoughts and prayers we are giving to Wayne and his family.

Joy Garon

Hello All,

Please continue to pray for Wayne and his family. His wife just posted the following on CaringBridge...

Wayne went to ICU as a critical patient with a distended abdomen, and very shallow breathing because whatever was causing the swelling in his abdomen was pushing up on his diaphragm. As he became critical, the rapid response team had drawn blood and taken X-rays. Since nothing definitive was found, a ct scan with contrast was ordered to see if there was a new blockage. The ct revealed many cancer lesions throughout the small intestine with several areas of the small intestine that had died from the cancer blocking off the blood supply. The attending ICU physician advised that surgery would be needed to remove most of the small intestine and one cannot live without the small intestine. He said secondly, Wayne was very sick and probably not survive the surgery. Next, he said if he survived the surgery, he probably would not live more than a week after that. We chose to not have the surgery. Wayne is receiving palliative,or comfort, care. He is being given medication to control his pain, and oxygen and any other medication to make his last hours as comfortable as possible. Thank you for all your words of comfort and prayers of strength. God has truly enriched out lives with this wonderful man. I will post more later.

Bernie Daraz

The words escape me right now, my best wishes to his friends and family, I hope the strength you need to deal with this will be shared with each other.

Don Van Zile

This is truly saddening news... Not only did I first know of Wayne's Wisdom of SW and great personality through the forums but then had the opportunity to finally meet him at SW world 2012.  What a great honor! When I met him in person I knew he was a very intelligent, passionate person. I spoke with him on the phone a few times after and cannot believe what he's going through now.... I too wish Wayne, his family, and his friends the best.

Thinking of you Wayne,

Don Van Zile

Jim Wilkinson

Unfortunately, Wayne lost his battle with cancer Saturday afternoon. For those not on the Caring Bridge site, I wanted to share what I posted there:

I am deeply sorrowed to hear about Wayne's passing. Losing Wayne is a tremendous loss to the SolidWorks Community. We in the User Experience team call Wayne 'customer #1', not because he was our first customer, but because of the integrity by which he interacts with everyone in the SolidWorks Community and the value of his input and feedback.

I first met Wayne at SolidWorks World years ago where his passion really came through while giving feedback for a project I was working on to improve our keyboard shortcut customization interface. Of course, Wayne had lots of great feedback as the self appointed 'keeper of the shortcut keys' and we were able to improve the interface for the final release of software based on his feedback. That was just the beginning of a great professional and personal relationship between us. I always looked forward to meeting up with Wayne at each SolidWorks World to get his valuable input and continue our friendship.

Wayne was not shy of being critical about our software, but what really stood out was his integrity of being critical while being completely constructive and understanding of other user needs and technical limitations. He is a model for the rest of us to follow in our work and in life. SolidWorks World will never be the same for me without Wayne.

Jim Wilkinson

Senior Director, User Experience

DS SolidWorks Corp.

Anna Wood

Well said Jim.....

What a sad day for the SolidWorks Community.  Wayne will be sorely missed.  His family and friends are in our prayers.  I appreciate his wife posting to the Caring Bridge website during this difficult time.  Her strength is amazing.

Anna

Ricky Jordan

So sad to hear of Wayne's passing.  He was one of the kindest people I've ever met.  The SolidWorks community will not be the same without him.  He will be greatly missed.  Our prayers go out to his family.

Ricky Jordan

Scott McFadden

I echo everything that has been said.

This is a sad day for all of those that knew him and loved him.  But rejoice in knowing that he is not in any more pain.

My prayers go out to the family.  May God's soverign hand be upon them providing them with the peace and comfort that

only he can provide.

Wayne will be sorly missed.  His wit, sense of humor and his wisdom.

Thank you my friend for all that you have done in helping others.

Edson Gebo

My heart pours out to the Tiffany family.  The SolidWorks community lost a gem in Wayne Tiffany.  When I finally met him at my first SWW 2 years ago, he talked with me like I've known him forever.  We only knew each other thru forum posts for years but that was the kind of person Wayne was...class act all the way!  John Matrishon, Ed Poole, Rob Rodriguez, and myself have been sharing emails for the past 2 months reflecting on Wayne's health in hopes he would beat his cancer.  Thanks to the Caring Bridge website and his family in keeping us in the SolidWorks Community up to date.  Ultimately, we all hoped Wayne would pull thru but he suffers no more and is looking down on us with that Wayne smile that we all know and have seen.  God Bless Wayne, you will be missed but not forgotten!

Richard Doyle

I'll always have fond memories of Wayne - dinners at SolidWorks World, his trademark jeans and plaid shirts, and arguing over grammer and punctuation.  I never saw Wayne mad at anything or anyone, and you couldn't help but feed off his passion for helping people. I'll miss him very much.

My favorite story about Wayne comes from a SWUGN Summit event in San Diego in 2006.  This was the first time Wayne presented his "Sheet Metal: Why I Do it Like This or That" session.  A couple of folks arrived too late to see the session, but after the event, Wayne pulled out his laptop and repeated the session in the hallway.  That's the kind of guy that Wayne was.

WaynesadhocSession.jpg

Chukwuka Wayemeru

Although I am a new member of this forum and never met WT, reading through all what everyone has got to say about him feels my heart with pain. It is sad to lose someone so dear and true to all. What else can i say, RIP Wayne, may your spirit live on.

Chuks.

John Burrill

Sad goodbye to a valued friend and colleague

Steve Calvert

I'm just finding out about this very sad news.  Wayne was a friend of mine and I will truely miss him.  He had the presence of life and saw everything in the positive.  At all the Worlds and at a few user events Wayne always had an answer or he wasn't afraid to ask someone who knew the answer.  WE have lost a good friend.  Our prayers go out to his family.

RIP my friend

Josh Mings

Words escape...saddened and also... to see the joy in the pain, encouraged. Definitely read the last caring bridge entry from Becky.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/waynetiffany

Jerry Steiger

To all,

I echo Josh's injuction to read at least the last couple of journal entries. It wouldn't hurt to read some of the guestbook entries as well.

Wayne was, IS, an example for us all. So, be kind and caring, honest and understanding, and always smiling.

And get those health checkups, so that you will be around longer to help others.

Jerry Steiger

Paul McCrorey

Well stated Josh...

Like many others who've met Wayne, you can't forget him...his infectious smile and total genuine-ness.  When I first met him at Solidworks World, I knew he was a kindred spirit.  In seconds we were discussing our common faith in Christ.  Reading through the Caring Bridge entries and those on the forums here are a testament to his faith and that it comforted and guided him.  I totally appreciate his advice as penned through his wife on her Sept 15th journal entry.

Certainly sad for his family's loss...but as a Believer, he's finally made it.

Adrian Velazquez

I had the pleasure of meeting Wayne at SWW2010 in Anaheim, he was really a sample to follow in many aspects not just SW.

May he Rest in Peace.

Mark Biasotti

I will truly miss Wayne - he was such a tremendous contributor for us and never wavered in personality. Fortunately that was a personality that was always  friendly, polite, but also honest and blunt and always ready to help; I really resonated with Wayne's style. I did not know him outside of my SW circles but I'm sure his personal life reflected the same personable style.

For Product Definition, Wayne was one of our "go-to-guys" not because he told us what we wanted to hear, but we could count on him to tell it like it really is and we would often converse by phone, and alpha test with him up to the very end. 

I remember one time just last year, sitting in my director's office and we were wrestling with how to do some new feature. My Director abruptly interjects "Let's get Wayne on the phone to see what he thinks" and he pick up the call and we had an important chat and feedback session with him.  In fact we should have just install one of those red phones in our building that ties into Wayne

Wayne, you ran a good race, and were an inspiration to me. Peace and comfort to his wife and family in this time of loss.

Blessings

Mark

Bernie Daraz

I so enjoyed reading and learning from Wayne's commentary in the sheet metal forums, I vote that the sheet metal forum be renamed in honor of him. It's obvious of what we all think of him, it would be a fitting honor.

Deepak Gupta

He had been a great mentor to many people and above that he was kind and great person. It'll be hard to recover the lost to his family but all his friends and SolidWorks community too. We may not see him again in our lives but he'll remain one of the most treasured gem in our hearts. He was a great soul and now under God's care.   His family is in our prayers..

R.I.P. WT.......

Scott Maro

I will always cherish the many conversations that I had with Wayne. His passion and personality will be missed throughout the user community.

Eternal rest grant unto Wayne O Lord and may your perpetual light shine upon him and may he rest in the peace.

Through the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary and St. Peregrine, may the Tiffany Family find peace and solace in the time of sorrow.

Love in the Hearts of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph,

Scott Maro & Family

Gwinner, ND

Dan Riffell

Terrible news.  I'm saddened for the loss to his family and friends as well as the loss to this community.  He will most definitely be missed.

Mike Wohletz

Wayne will be missed here at Automatic Systems, Inc. by all of us. Anyone in the Kansas City area below is the information for his services.

The Visitation will be 6-8PM Thursday at Speaks Funeral Home (18020 E 39th Street South, Independence, MO). The service will be Friday morning at 10AM at Fairmount Christian Church (641 South Ash Avenue, Independence, MO).

Raghavendra Bhagwan

Sad news ! Heartfelt condolences to his family and friends. A great loss to SolidWorks Community.

May his soul Rest In Peace.

Jeff Mowry

From Revelation 21:

And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

I pray Wayne's family will be comforted in Wayne's passing into permanent life.

John Sweeney

So sad to hear of Wayne's passing.  Wayne was an extremely genuine person... he always greeted you with a smile and always took a positive and understanding approach in every discussion, regardless of the topic.

Wayne will be sorely missed.

-John

Anthony Macke

deeply sorry for the friends and familys loss. my heart goes out to them in this difficult time. may he rest in peace

Michael Tiffany

Hi Everyone,

This is Michael Tiffany, I'm Wayne's son. I wanted to post on here to let you all know what an immense blessing and encouragement this thread and all the posts on the caringbridge site have been to our family. As I'm writing this, there are 64 posts and over 4600 views!!! It means so much to our family to have so many people let us know how my dad was able to touch their lives. He was the most amazing and kind man I have ever known, and we are all very sad to see him go.

My brother and I were going to try and go to SWW 2013 in January and we would love to meet as many of you as possible and to see what our dad did at what we called his "nerd conventions" If anyone has contact information for some of the people within SolidWorks, could you please send them my email address (just send me a pm and I'll let you know what it is)? We would like to see if we can get another one of the red "SWW 2013 Beta Tester" t-shirts if at all possible. He was so excited when it came in the mail and he was so proud of it that he couldn't wait to show it off to everyone! We decided that for the funeral, he would've hated to be in a suit, so he will be wearing his favorite pair of jeans and that SWW shirt, but we wanted to have another one for ourselves since we won't be able to get that one back.

Thank you again to everyone that has commented on here or on the caringbridge site. We read those every day and it means so much to see all the people that knew my dad and thought he was as great a man as we did. Hope to see you all in January!

John Layne

Hi Michael,

Your father certainly did touch the lives of lots of people directly through this forum and indirectly by sharing his knowledge. He will be sorely missed here.

(side note I'd remove your email address on here, it's a public forum. I've no doubt someone from SolidWorks will send you a private message via the forum in response to your requests)

Michael Tiffany

Thanks John, and good idea, I edited my post to remove my email address from it.

Joy Garon

Hello Michael,

I'm glad your family knows that your dad has touched so many of us with his friendship, knowledge and humor. He will definitely be missed. I have forwarded your comments (with your email address) to folks internally so that they may assist with your request.

For those of you who are in the Independence, MO area, I have included the service information:

Wayne M. Tiffany, 57, Independence, MO passed away Sept. 15, 2012. Services will be 10 am, Friday, Sept. 21 at Fairmount Christian Church, 641 S. Ash Ave., Independence, MO, 64053; cremation. Visitation will be 6-8 pm, Thursday at Speaks Suburban Chapel, 18020 E 39th Street, Independence, MO 64055. In lieu of flowers, the family requests contributions to the American Cancer Society, 1100 Pennsylvania Ave., Kansas City, MO 64105, Fairmount Christian Church or the Redwood Area Education Foundation, 100 George Ramseth Drive, Redwood Falls, MN 56283-1939.

Wayne was born April 19, 1955 in Clovis, NM. He graduated from Redwood Falls (MN) High School before earning a B.S. in Agricultural Mechanics from Iowa State University in 1977. While at Iowa State, he was a member of the Iowa State Singers. He was an Eagle Scout. He worked for Gleaner Combine for twenty-two years before working as a Senior Engineer at Automatic Systems, Inc. for the last twelve years. He was an active member of Fairmount Christian Church where he served as a trustee, treasurer, deacon, Sunday school teacher and choir member. He also served as a consultant to the SolidWorks Software Company and was the President of the SolidWorks User Group in the Midwest. He also traveled to make presentations to other User Groups around the country regarding this software program. He was always curious about how things were manufactured and how they worked. He was a gifted handyman with electronics and cars and was always willing to share his gift to help others. He also enjoyed singing and playing the guitar.

Wayne is survived by his wife of twenty-eight years Becky Tiffany, of the home; daughters Rachel Kitley and husband Chip, Lake Lotawana, MO; Elizabeth Tiffany, Independence, MO; sons Michael Tiffany and wife Shauna, North Kansas City, MO; Joshua Tiffany, Independence, MO; granddaughter Madelyn Tiffany; parents John & Sue Tiffany, Redwood Falls, MN; sister Jean Cox and husband Roger, Albuquerque, NM; brother Bruce Tiffany and wife Ann, Redwood Falls, MN; sister Lee Stearns and husband Craig, Worthing, SD; brother Paul Tiffany and wife Gina, Fergus Falls, MN and many other family members.

Condolences may be sent to the family at www.speakschapel.com Arrangements: Speaks Suburban Chapel, 816-373-3600

Scott McFadden

Michael,

It is an honor for you to post here.  I thank you greatly for doing so.

While I only met your dad a few times at the one Solidworks World I attended, having been with him

in some of the classes and eating meals with him I could tell that he was a loving and genuine man.

In fact I remember him at the rodeo we attended stepping aside for me to get a better view of the cowboys and the bulls.

I know of the losss you are feeling having been through it myself.

But the thing I rest in is while we will miss Wayne here on earth, he is walking with Jesus and this is only temporary.

We will see him again.  Our loss and Heavens gain.

God bless you and stay strong.

On a side note as far as you attending SWW 2013 and getting info I would contact Richard Doyle the one who started this thread.

He can provide you with the info you need.

https://forum.solidworks.com/people/1-3PL95X

Michael Tiffany

Thank you Scott, that does sound exactly like something he would do. I'm eternally grateful for the lessons he taught us just from how he lived his life and how he treated other people, even people that he didn't know. While I'm glad that he is in heaven and not in pain anymore, it is still hard to think that we don't get to have him here anymore. At least we'll be able to see him again someday!

Michael,

One of the many talents your father had was the ability to cut through the B.S. and see what the problem was. Way before this forum existed, your father provided many SolidWorks users with help on Usenet in a newsgroup called comp.cad.solidworks.

I remember Wayne confronting a person who never had used Solidworks but was (and still is) the leading poster to comp.cad.solidworks with 8,062 posts before he passed away about a year ago. While the confrontation didn't work it became very clear to me, that unlike most others in that group, that Wayne understood exactly what the real problem was and who was causing it.

In my opinion very few people exist in this world that have the broad based skill set your father had. Wayne stood out because he was truly a very special and unique person. I doubt many people will ever forget him. I know I never will.

Jon Banquer

Gerald Davis

Michael,

I first met your dad in Orlando.  He caught my attention because of 1) his smile and friendly demeanour and 2) he had more ribbons on his ID tag than anyone else.  He was expert with the software - CSWP, a user group leader, a regional leader, a presenter, and more. 

Over the next decade, we collaborated on training presentations and user group meetings.  I enjoyed learning CAD tricks from him.  We only infrequently met face to face but we often wandered in the same corridors online.

Wayne was years ahead of me in many of the interests we had in common.  He was a mentor as well as a confidant.  I benefited from the time we shared.

Anne Yust

I am in tears reading all these posts about Wayne, especially his sons coming to SolidWorks World! Maybe the user group leaders could wear WT T-shirts at SolidWorks World (Richard?). It's amazing how many lives he touched; he was loved even in the business world! I am going to go through all my pictures from SolidWorks World for the last 6 years and find all the pix of Wayne. I think I have one of him and me, and I might put that on a T-shirt. As I wrote on CaringBridge, Wayne helped me on this forum when I was first learning SolidWorks and struggling with the software. We then moved to email, and he wasn't going to stop until I "got it" - so he asked for my phone number and called me to explain what I was having a problem with! So nice! Then I met him in person in 2007 and he hugged me! That rarely happens in the business world (although with SolidWorks, lots of us hug each other!).

I am so amazed at Wayne's wife and family and their strong support during Wayne's battle with cancer. They are an inspiration of strength and faith in God. I was praying for them almost daily. They still need our prayers as they are now facing a whole different set of problems, but they will prevail because of their faith and trust in the Lord! "Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart, and lean not to your OWN understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will direct your paths" (Proverbs 3:5-6). Wayne and his family "lived" these verses their whole life, which is why the family has such comfort and is not questioning God about an untimely death. We know that God's timing and righteousness is perfect, and that there is a reason for everything, and that blessings follow trials. May our Heavenly Father continue to comfort and strengthen Wayne's family as they grieve this great loss. We grieve with you! Hugs to the Tiffany family! See you, God willing, at SolidWorks World! [Remember that humble signature on the forum which we will no longer see, but will always miss - "WT"]

John Summers

I have been away for two weeks and have come back to hear of this terrible news- I am deeply saddened to hear of the loss of Wayne.  So sorry to the family and friends who all knew Wayne- he was truly a class act.  I never had the pleasure of personally meeting him- just through the exchanges on the SolidWorks forum (I rarely have the opportunity to go to SolidWorks World).  He was the type of guy who you looked forward to reading a response from - his insights were always spot-on and he had a way of explaining things in a way that was easy to understand.  It was obvious that he had a deep concern for people- even those who he only knew through the forums (such as me).  

May the peace of our Lord Jesus be with the family and friends in this time of sorrow.

Anne Yust

I've been reading the CaringBridge comments on Wayne Tiffany. There are over 14,000 views! Someone posted an audio of Wayne singing a duet in church. I'm copying it here. Have a box of tissues ready!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2626437/Donna%20and%20Wayne.mp3

Anne Yust

P2112371-WayneTiffany.JPGMy last picture of Wayne at SolidWorks World in 2009. I zoomed in and took a picture of every user group leader on stage. So glad I did. This was the only year I brought my good camera, too. I still have 5 other years of SolidWorks World pix to sort through, but I think I have the most of Wayne in 2009. I'll try to set up an online album. God bless Wayne and his family.

Yoshihiro Dobashi

I'd like to offer my deepest condolences.

Wayne-san gave me the advice of two about SWUGN.

"get some help,and have fun!"

He gentry calls out to me I'm nerrvous for the first time with participation of SWUGN Leaders meeting this year.

There werw words of condoloence from the other Japanese who have met wayne-san.

Jeremiah Griffith

MIchael,

I've known your dad since 2009, we met right here in Kansas City as part of the user group. I'd heard good things about the usergorup and wanted to get involved, and so I started going to the meetings. It wasn't long after that, that your dad motivated me into revamping and creating a new usergroup website for our group. I'd often times look to your dad for advise on odd ball problems, or bounce ides off of him. He would look to me to put his presentations, minutes and what not on the web.

Your dad was one of the most personable and genuinely kind individuals I've ever met. Few questions you could ask him that he wouldn't know the answer to, or know where to find the answer... He was a role model and friend for me, and I will miss him dearly.

I was unfortunately out of town, and missed the announcement of his death, and subsequent funeral, which is why I am writing to you in this method. My deepest condolences are with you and your family - thank you for sharing your dad with us, he was an inspiration and a friend to so many of us here in Kansas City!

Jeremiah Griffith

Jason Chow

just installed SW2013 SP0 today and was trying to take a snapshot of the About dialog to send to someone. I don't know what I did but this came up... wayne clearly is being very missed in SW.

-jason

HelpAbout.png