1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 20, 2012 12:41 AM by William Robinson

Solidworks 2012 rollback install error

Evan Bosque

I am having trouble installing solidworks 2012 on my windows 7 64 bit machine. I am able to install it then it says that there is an internal error at 19% installation. I keep getting the "rollback unreg docmgr dll" error it says that it did'nt run as expected. Any ideas on this? I have uninstalled it manually and cleared the registry of any residual files that were left.

EDIT: I have looked around and the problem might be that I need the correct Visual C++ Redistributable x64 package. Is this installed automatically or do I have to download it myself. Which version should I choose, since there are several out there.

• Re: Solidworks 2012 rollback install error
          William Robinson

I believe we were instructed to delete the Visual folder and its contents. It was replaced during the install I believe.

Perhaps related to your 19% I resarted the install a few times as it halted. There was an innocuous looking window that popped up and I finally associated it with the halting. when I closed it (trial and error!) the install moved swiftly to completion.