3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2012 9:07 AM by Charles Culp

Delete face problem - edges for blending

Rich Turner

im fairly new to the world of deleting faces

only been using this wonderful feature for 3 or 4 months

ive just started coming across this problem and i cant seem to find a answer

i create my model, use the delete face option 7 or 8 times and finish

come back change a seemingly unrelated feature up-tree from the delete face feature

all of a sudden my delete face feature stops working

apparently i need to "select edges for blending"

see attached pic

Untitled-1.jpg

how do i select edges for blending? it only lets me select faces?

thanks in advance

• Re: Delete face problem - edges for blending
          Jerry Steiger

Rich,

Sometimes the error messages seem to be chosen at random.

I've had features (not just Delete Face) come up with errors where all I had to do was just select the green arrow and the error goes away. At other times I have had to select some missing faces or edges. At other times I have had to select all of the faces or edges over again. At other times I have had to delete the feature and insert it again. And sometimes I just had to give up and find another way to make it work.

I would be nervous about a model that had 7 or 8 Delete Faces. That seems like an indication that you may not be building the features correctly in the first case. Having said that, there are models where I should have been able to do an Extrude to a Body or a Surface, for example, but it wouldn't work, so I had to use another sort of Extrude followed by Delete Face on the pieces left sticking out. (Although I have also had cased where I could Cut with the Surface that it wouldn't Extrude to!)

Jerry Steiger