Location: Mountain View, California
About Hawk Ridge Systems
Founded in 1995, Hawk Ridge Systems began in the San Francisco Bay area and has become the #1 SolidWorks reseller and support provider in the world with 12 west coast offices, the largest SolidWorks certified engineering staff and a 2:1 ratio of engineers to sales representatives. This heavy investment in customer support, plus an array of industry-leading products, including SolidWorks, SolidWorks Simulation, SolidWorks Enterprise PDM and 3DVIA Composer software, has attracted thousands of customers in a variety of sectors including industrial design, networking products, semiconductor equipment, consumer products, automotive, and solar.
Provide first level technical software, hardware, and network problem resolution to computer users; provide problem diagnosis and guidance to users through step-by-step instruction in person or by phone. Provide clear communication of technical solutions in a user-friendly professional manner; provide one-on-one end-user training as needed; assist in troubleshooting network and phone issues. Conduct hardware and software inventory database maintenance and reporting. This role reports to the IT Manager and interacts daily with all business units.
Education and Experience
Technical degree/training in computer science, information technology, a related field of study, or equivalent experience. Please note that this is an entry-level position and as such candidates with many years of experience or an extensive educational background may not be suited for this position.
• Provide one-on-one end-user problem solutions over the phone or in person.
• Tag, setup, and assists in the configuration of end-user PC desktop, laptop, software, and peripherals.
• Install and setup new hire logins and accounts, maintain onboarding forms.
• Diagnoses and resolves end-user network or local printer problems, PC hardware problems, and e-mail, internet, and network access problems.
• Performs minor desktop hardware repair for PC computer equipment and peripherals that are not covered by warranty agreements.
• Help install local area network cabling systems and equipment such as network interface cards, hubs, and switches.
• Maintain asset log database to make sure it is up to date.
• Monitor and review daily firewall reports.
• Other duties as required.
• Familiarity with MS Active Directory, TCP/IP, DHCP, HTML, Windows XP/ Vista/ 7, Windows Server 2003/2008/2011
• Use of Microsoft Office software suite, including, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
• CRM software knowledge preferred, NetSuite a plus
• Experience providing desktop support for workstation class computers a plus
• Detail oriented
• Self-starter with the ability to take initiative and accomplish tasks
• Excellent problem definition and resolution skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, organize and manage tasks
• Ability to adapt and be flexible
Pay and Benefits
Hawk Ridge Systems offers competitive hourly pay based on experience, a generous benefits package that includes medical, vision, dental, disability, and life insurance, as well as 401(k) retirement plan, holidays, and paid-time-off.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter outlining your specific interest in this job and the qualifications you have that make you the best candidate by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the job title, Help Desk Support Technician in the subject line. Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of submission. Please no recruiters or calls about this career opportunity. Hawk Ridge Systems is an equal opportunity employer.