Location: Bothell, WA
About Hawk Ridge Systems: Founded in 1996, Hawk Ridge Systems began in the San Francisco Bay area and has become the #1 SolidWorks reseller and support provider in the world with 14 west coast offices in the US and Canada, the largest SolidWorks certified engineering staff with a 2:1 ratio of engineers to sales representatives. This heavy investment in customer support, plus an array of industry-leading products, including SolidWorks, SolidWorks Simulation, SolidWorks Enterprise PDM and 3DVIA Composer software, has attracted thousands of customers in a variety of sectors including industrial design, networking products, semiconductor equipment, consumer products, automotive, and solar.
Hawk Ridge Systems is adding an Applications Engineer / PDM Specialist based out of our Bothell, WA office. This is a technical position for degreed Computer Science / Computer Information Systems / Mechanical applicants only. This is a customer-facing position that requires exceptional communications skills, and a proficiency in troubleshooting and resolving network-related performance issues that affect an enterprise class software application. The role of Applications Engineer / PDM Specialist requires regular and consistent interaction with customers, both in a pre-sales and post sales capacity. You will become an expert with EPDM (Enterprise Product Data Management) and SolidWorks products. You will provide demonstrations, instruction, implementations, and support a wide range of customers from many industries in the use of 3D CAD, Analysis, Product Data Management, and related design tools. You will also be able to obtain SolidWorks Certifications; Certified SolidWorks Professional (CSWP), Certified Enterprise PDM Support Technician (CEPDM), Certified Enterprise PDM Professional (CPDMP), Certified Workgroup PDM Support Technician (CWPDM), Certified SolidWorks Expert (CSWE), Certified SolidWorks Support Technician (CSST), Certified SolidWorks Instructor (CSWI).
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Mechanical Engineering, or other technical-related degree preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
• One or more of these (or other) Certifications: MCTS, CCNA, MCITP, MCSE
• Knowledge of Microsoft SQL or Oracle server and/or programming experience (Visual Basic, .Net, etc.) helpful. Proficiency with Query Editor and/or SQL Server Profiler is preferred.
• Working knowledge of Windows Server, Networking and Internet services
• Strong interpersonal, communications, problem solving and analytical ability
• Demonstrated ability to train, coach and mentor others in learning software applications
• Must be customer-focused and service-oriented
• Demonstrate the ability to learn new skills, adapt to changing environments and show attention to detail
• Proven track record of increased responsibility in previous employment
• Willingness to travel to customer sites locally and occasional long distance trips
Salary and Benefits
Hawk Ridge Systems offers a competitive salary based on experience, a generous benefits package that includes medical, vision, dental, disability, and life insurance, as well as 401(k) retirement plan, holidays, and paid-time-off.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to Hawk Ridge Systems at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the job title, PDM Specialist, in the subject line. Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of submission. Please no recruiters or calls about this career opportunity. Hawk Ridge Systems is an equal opportunity employer.