2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2012 10:46 AM by Kevin Stickels

Data Card Definitions

Kevin Stickels

I am trying to explain to our implementaiton core team the differences between Data Cards, Folder Cards, and Template Cards. Instinctively, I just do what I need but now I am taking a step back and trying to explain it to those just learning. The more I read the Admin Guide the more I seem to confuse myself. Anyway, would any of you wonderful folks out there give me a good definition of the differences, uses etc of the different cards in plain english? Thanks, all...Been away from EPDM for a couple of months now and getting back into the swing but apparently, a couple of brain cells didn't make the move with me. Thanks!

• Re: Data Card Definitions
          Steve Ostrovsky

Data Cards are used to store the meta data for all of the different documents that go into EPDM. You can have a different data card for SolidWorks, Word, Excel, etc. so each will store different variables and have its own look.

Folder Cards are the same, but are for the folders only. Folder data can be easily passed down to sub-folders and document data cards so you enter info once and share it downstream.

Template cards are where you input folder and/or data card info upon creation of the folder and documents. You can set mandatory fields, serial numbers and other up front data entry formatting here.

Very basic primer. Have specific questions...ask away.

• Re: Data Card Definitions
            Kevin Stickels

Perfect answer...had the same problem last week teaching my scouts lashings. Been doing it so long I don't know whether it's square, diagnonal, shear...I just do it and move on. It's when I have to take that moment and explain why, that I sometimes get extremely flummoxed. Thanks