Only those who do not currently have a job will I provide the contact information to.
Temporary three to six months
JOB TITLE: Engineering Technician 2
DEPARTMENT: Research and Development – 512/554
LOCATION: Dayton, TN
Engineers structural frames, foams, and cardboard parts for new market products and conducts engineering changes to current La-Z-Boy products. Develops new “mechanical” components/assemblies for new and reengineered products.
- Develop detail and assembly drawings of frame, polyurethane foam, metal and plastic for new and reengineered products.
- Generate the Engineering BOM information.
- Develop Design Standards.
- Research changes to existing products, with limited guidance from project leaders or managers.
- Design frames and/or simple mechanical mechanism which are of moderate complexity (using current manufacturing processes).
- Develop cost estimates to provide assistance to Cost Analyst.
- Work with Manufacturing, Quality, and Customer Service to solve issues that cause inefficiencies for production and customer dissatisfaction.
- Verify and monitor the performance of designs during plant introduction of products.
- Perform engineering study testing to verify designs and reengineering concepts.
- Assist with planning and scheduling for new and existing products.
- Producing prototype frames and/or mechanism using machine tools and La-Z-Boy assembly methods.
- Create and/or perform DFMEAs, problem solving, DFM, DFA, etc. to create efficient designs.
- Work with managers to improve processes to create efficiencies within department.
- Check the work of others without guidance of project lead or manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Associates degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related field
- 4 years of related experience in Mechanical design
- Advanced SolidWorks experience
- Advanced machine tools operation experience (preferred)
- Understanding of Quality standards (tolerances)
- Proficient in the use of computers, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None