Alignex Inc. is hiring an Applications Engineer for the Des Moines (central IA) area and looking for someone who wants to become a technical expert in the application of modern engineering and manufacturing technologies.
This is a technical position for degreed Mechanical Engineer or Designer with 3D CAD experience. Applicants must have CAD and/or solid modeling and actual design work experience. Alignex Application Engineers become experts with SolidWorks products by demonstrating, instructing, implementing, and supporting a wide range of customers from many industries in the use of 3D CAD, Analysis, Product Data Management, and related design tools. They become a CAD Design Experts by attaining the following SolidWorks Certifications: Certified SolidWorks Professional (CSWP), Certified SolidWorks Expert (CSWE), Certified SolidWorks Support Technician (CSST), Certified SolidWorks Instructor (CSWI), Certified Enterprise PDM Professional (CPDMP), and Certified Simulation Support Technician (CSPST). These are industry specific certifications which require the successful completion of tests. Alignex Inc. provides the tests at no cost to the employee.
Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent mechanical design experience.
- 2 to 5 years Mechanical Design or Manufacturing industry experience.
- 2 to 5 years of hands on experience with SolidWorks or other parametric 3D solid modeler.
- Experience with PDM or Data Management systems a big plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English) as well as excellent customer relations skills
- In-depth experience with Windows and 3D MCAD solid modeling software
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Operating Systems, MS Office products and related hardware devices
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, organize
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative and accomplish tasks
- Commitment to excellence and pride in their work and strong work ethic
- Possess excellent problem definition and problem solving skills
- Ability to travel regionally 10 to 20 percent. (Although this travel is not usually an overnight)
Salary and Benefits
Alignex Inc. offers a competitive salary based on experience, a generous benefits package that includes medical, vision, dental, disability, and life insurance, as well as 401(k) retirement plan, holidays, and paid-time-off.