AnsweredAssumed Answered

Dimensions changing when using the Design Table

Question asked by Joseph Seiler on Jun 22, 2012
Latest reply on Jun 28, 2012 by Joseph Seiler

I am trying to create a design table of purchased components so that they can be used with the routing feature to create hydraulic hoses. I created the part and the design table and configurations based off the table. When I add a new configuration to the design table on of the dimensions does not update but changes to a value that is defined for that dimension on another configuration. Under the dimension options dialog the configurations for the primary value is set to "this configuration". I checked here because I was having a similar problem yesterday but got that resolved because this was set to "all configurations". Then all the values for that dimension changed to be the same. This time the dimensions change to two different values. If I change the dimension in the model, switch to another configuration, change that dimension, and then go back to the first configuration, the dimension has been changed back. If I set up the design table so that it will not be updated by the model. The dimensions still change in the model and do not reflect the dimensions shown in the table. I'm sorry if this is confusing. I've been trying to figure this out for 4 hours. I am attaching the file I am trying to work with to hopefully help clarify anything.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Outcomes