3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2012 11:18 AM by Eddie Pellegrin

Moving driving dimensions between views.

Eddie Pellegrin

So I work for a company that likes to have the drawing drive the solid model, so we like to insert (by using Model Items) all our dimensions into our drawings so they will be driving.

My question is, I've always thought that a driving dimension, could only be inserted into a view in which it is parallel to the viewing plane, but I've recently found a drawing that was created by a previous draftsman, in which he has and OD and ID in his first feature in his solid model (it was a sketch created on the front plane) and he did a Revolve.

In his drawing he has a front view in which of course the OD and ID can be inserted, but then he has a view that is tilted at 45 degrees from the front plane, to show a slot detail, I created the same type of drawing and when i do model items, the OD does not insert into my 45 deg. view, but on his drawing it does, and his OD dimension can be transfered to each and every view, mine only can be inserted into the front, and side views.

Does anyone know how these driving dimensions can be created to move freely? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Eddie