AnsweredAssumed Answered

Toolbox Part Number?

Question asked by Matthew Fortune on Jun 11, 2012
Latest reply on Jun 16, 2012 by Chris Sparber

I am having trouble with my Solidwork Toolbox.  What I am trying to do is have the Part Number box on the toolbox configuration screen show up on the part I take from the box on the BOM. 

I have gone into the toolbox and for instance the MIL folder I have entered all the Mil specs for the Pan Head Cross Recessed screws.  For instance I entereted MS51957-1 into the Part Number column for the PHMS 0.086-56x0.125x0.125-C screw.

What I would like is to see this same Mil Spec part number on the BOM on the drawing when I use the part in an drawing.  The only way so far I can get this in to the BOM is if I reconfigure the Column Properties from CUSTOM PROPERTIES - Part Number to just Part Number1.png2.png

the issue with this is that once I do this my BOM will blank out the rest of the part number entered into the Custom Properties for each part.

On a side note I would also like the Description of the part number to populate the custom description field of the part for example I would liks the description to pop up as the PHMS 0.086-56x0.125x0.125.  So long story short I would like the BOM to look like the following

3.png

After I posted this I noticed the picture above is very blury if you click on it, it will show up nice and clear.

Thank you in advance for any help anyone is able to provide

Incase anyone is wondering I am using Solidwork 2010 Premium

Message was edited by: Matthew Fortune

Outcomes