5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2013 10:27 AM by Hristo Daskalov

Use of GetLoggedInWindowsUserID

Tom Thompson

I'm trying to capture the Rename File event in EPDM 2010 and then getting the UserID of the person doing the rename.  I'm using this VB.Net code:

Public Sub OnCmd(ByRef poCmd As EdmCmd, ByRef ppoData As System.Array) Implements IEdmAddIn5.OnCmd

If poCmd.meCmdType = EdmCmdType.EdmCmd_PreRename Then

Dim vault As IEdmVault11 = poCmd.mpoVault

For Each cmdDatum As EdmCmdData In ppoData

‘...

Dim id As Integer = vault.GetLoggedInWindowsUserID(vault.Name)

‘...

But the code bombs because of the call to GetLoggedInWindowsUserID.  (If I comment this line out, it runs fine.)  The error I get is:

EPDMError.jpg

We are not using Windows to manage our logins, we are using Enterprise PDM logins.

Am I calling this wrong?  Any other ideas?  Thanks!

• Re: Use of GetLoggedInWindowsUserID
          Tom Thompson

Well, I changed the third line to:

Dim vault As IEdmVault5 = poCmd.mpoVault

and now it works!

How could this be?!?!  The help file lists the function as:

IEdmVault11::GetLoggedInWindowsUserID

and IEdmVault11 should inherit from IEdmVault5, so why didn't it work?

Jeff Sweeney

IEdmVault11 didn't exist until 2010. Could you be using an old Interop?

Tom Thompson

Well, maybe.

Here's my only reference to EdmLib:

Capture.JPG

However, when I debug and I do a "Quick Watch" on poCmd, I get a message saying "The project currently contains references to more than one version of Interop.EdmLib, a direct reference to version 5.13.0.0 and an indirect reference (through 'EdmCmd') to version 5.14.0.0. Change the direct reference to use version 5.14.0.0 (or higher) of Interop.EdmLib."

I have no idea why it is saying this, I only have one reference to EdmLib.  I do reference SWDocumentMgr, maybe that indirectly references 5.13 of EdmLib?

Thanks!

Jeff Sweeney

I honestly don't know....I suppose the next thing I would try would be to remove the EdmLib reference, delete the "bin" and "obj" directories, add the references back in, then recompile. This would ensure everyone is using the same interop.

Another thing...make sure you are not using any commands/methods that are not yet supported in EPDM 2010. I've accidentally used a 2012 call in a 2011 application and received a similar message.

Hristo Daskalov

I have the same problem right now with 2013 and the message is "The project currently contains references to more than one version of Interop.EdmLib, a direct reference to version 5.13.0.0 and an indirect reference (through 'EdmCmd') to version 5.16.0.0. Change the direct reference to use version 5.16.0.0 (or higher) of Interop.EdmLib.".

I use commands/methods for defining of EPDM tasks. I removed the EdmLib reference, deleted the "bin" and "obj" directories and then recompiled the add-in, but without successes. The reference to  the version 5.13.0.0 of EdmLib remains ...

Any solitions?

Thanks!