Any ideas of how to approach this to get it to work?
So I changed the flat face and that fixed it... But hey this is not a complex ask now...
Post your part so we can look at it....
Creating the part new always gives this problem. Once Flatten is edited and a face selected it is fixed regardless of which face is chosen. So as the first one was fixed here is another I created.
What happens when you unsuppress the FlatPattern1 feature with a RMB on the Feature.
Unsuppress and re-suppress.
You are saying you get that error everytime you create a Base Flange in SolidWorks?
What SP of SolidWorks 2011 are you using?
Have you talked with your VAR about the issue to see what they think.
Today I am getting this error every time I create a base flange of this topology. I'm happy enough with the edit face fix. I'll metion it to my VAR. I'm running SW11 SP3.0
Have you tried restarting your computer?
Not sure why you would have the issue. Seems odd as the geometry is really simple.
I opened your part in SW12 and without changing anything inserted it into a drawing. All the bend lines and notes displayed fine, i.e. the part still works correctly. Same result in 2011 SP5.0.
I remodeled your part exactly as you did using 2012 and got no errors. Then I did the same in 2011 SP5.0 and still no errors. Definitely send this one in to your VAR.
I'm not sure why you extruded the part in both directions rather than using a mid-plane and a total length of 270. All I did was change that and the errors disappeared.
I knew that later I would want different lengths.
Same problem again and now having restarted the computer and SW11 SP3.0 The attached part has a consistent error in BaseBend2. If a start a new part and do the same geometry it happens every time. Mucking around with supressing and rebuilding and choosing flat reference faces makes no difference.
I confirm that suppress/unsuppress BaseBend2, solves the problem in SW 2012 x64.
I think it must be a bug with SW11 SP3.0 (if I stated SP5.0 before I was wrong - sorry).
Look how simply changing one line in the same sketch to construction causes the same problem. Just a quirk of this release. Trouble is a contractor we're working with is stuck at sp3.0.
Again, I cannot reproduce the issue in SW 2012x64 SP3.0.
Retrieving data ...