AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to update cutlist without deleting

Question asked by Daen Hendrickson on Jun 1, 2012
Latest reply on Jun 1, 2012 by Daen Hendrickson

I am using SW2011 with SP3.

I have an existing weldment part file that I would like to make some edits to. The part contains welded tubes and sheetmetal parts. All show up in the weldment cutlist as expected.

I now want to add some items (t-nuts from the library) that will be welded on. I brought these in with the Insert Part functionality and located them with the mating options in move/copy feature. The T-nut body shows up in the cut list folder.

However, it does not show up in the drawing cutlist. I am not provided an option to add properties to it as with the other items in the cutlist. And there is not an option for updating the cutlist (apparently set to manual).

All of the items in the cutlist have been named and they have additional custom properties added to them. If I click on the Automatic option for the cutlist SolidWorks tells me to "Please delee the existing cutlist items before turning the automatic cutlist ON." If I delete the cutlist, all my naming and custom properties fly out the window.

Deleting and updating does bring the T-nut body into the cutlist on the drawing. But the cost is losing all of my custom data, naming, and table formating. Is there no way to salvage this. With 50+ items in the list, that is a significant amount of rework.

Thanks, Daen

Outcomes