Position is in Mountain View, CA. Local applicants only please. Please no recruiters or calls about this opportunity.
Support Engineers provide technical support to customers for CAD and non-CAD issues including but not limited to administration, installation, licensing, usage and applications. Using excellent troubleshooting and communication skills, this role ensures that technical problems are analyzed, documented and resolved, creating an outstanding customer experience and enhancing the team's knowledge. This role reports to the Technical Support Manager and interacts daily with all business units but most commonly with the support group and engineering group. The Support Engineer will provide support for all aspects of SolidWorks Premium.
• Provide high-quality, comprehensive technical support on-site, remotely, by telephone and e-mail.
• Provide a high-level of customer service to consistently and constantly enhance the customer experience and customer satisfaction.
• Utilize strong and sound judgment to expedite or facilitate solutions for customers by escalating issues to more experienced support representatives.
• Logically and efficiently analyze, test, and diagnose to isolate problems and report if necessary.
• Work as part of a team to share skill sets, lessons and technical knowledge to maintain a well rounded technical support team.
• Adhere to and help improve support related procedures.
• Contribute to technical support documentation.
• Strive to become an expert in the tools used by technical support representatives.
• Maintain and strive to improve technical knowledge in all aspects of technical support.
• Obtain Hawk Ridge Systems and SolidWorks support certifications.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree. A combination of equivalent experience and training may be considered.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, organize, and manage tasks.
• Ability to adapt and be flexible to operate in a fast-paced demanding environment.
• Works well both independently and in a team environment.
• Experience with customer service.
• Experience with software and computing environments including but not limited to Windows workstation and server operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite of Products, networks and PC hardware.
• Detail oriented.
• Self-starter with the ability to take initiative and accomplish tasks.
• Commitment to excellence and pride in their work.
• Possess excellent problem definition and problem solving skills.
• Aptitude for 3D modeling and/or engineering drafting.
• Experience with CAD software and use in mechanical engineering. SolidWorks, Workgroup PDM, Enterprise PDM, COSMOS, SolidWorks Simulation, FloWorks, SolidWorks Flow Simulation, COSMOS Motion and/or SolidWorks Motion a plus.
Preferred Skills, Qualifications and Background
• Experience in technical support, help desk or desktop support in a Windows environment.
• Experience with CRM (Customer Relationship Management Systems), support ticketing and/or bug tracking software.
• Experience with programming and associated development tools. .Net, API usage, database interaction and SQL a plus.
• Experience with delivering technical training and presentations.
• Sales environment experience.
About Hawk Ridge Systems
Founded in 1995, Hawk Ridge Systems began in the San Francisco Bay area and is currently the #1 SolidWorks reseller and support provider in the world, with the largest SolidWorks certified engineering staff and a 2:1 ratio of engineers to sales representatives. We have offices throughout the western US and Canada. This heavy investment in customer support, plus an array of industry-leading products, including SolidWorks, SolidWorks Simulation, SolidWorks Enterprise PDM and 3DVIA Composer software, has attracted thousands of customers in a variety of sectors including industrial design, networking products, semiconductor equipment, consumer products, automotive and solar.
A generous benefits package that includes medical, vision, dental, disability, and life insurance, as well as 401(k) retirement plan, paid holidays and vacation.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter outlining your specific interest in this job and the qualifications you have that make you the best candidate, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of submission.
Hawk Ridge Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.