AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cutlists and Autoballoon not functioning with multiple weldment configurations?

Question asked by Nathan Coy on May 24, 2012
Latest reply on Jun 1, 2012 by Nathan Coy

Heya guys,

I've been tasked with documenting a shipping crate, and I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to learn how to use weldments in SolidWorks. I've got a weldment part file with 4 different top level configurations (along w/ their "as welded" surrogates), and a drawing with various sheets.  On each sheet is a different view representing a configuration with autoballoon applied, with it's own cutlist up in the corner.  I had a heck of a time getting my balloons to show up until I learned that I had to specify the configuration used in the view IN the cutlist table as well! (so they match)  I thought I had it all figured out after learning that.  I even managed to get an "exploded view" working using "move/copy body feature", so I didn't have to save to an assembly file.

BUT

When I goto open my drawing, certain views(random) all show 1's in the balloons, and I have to hit rebuild to get them to properly reflect the item number in their cut list table.  I thought it was just my screen not refreshing, but if I print without hitting rebuild, sure enough I get some views with a buncha 1's in each balloon.

Example attached - each view has it's own config + cut list table. Just as I was typing this I saw a group of auto-balloons all switch back to 1's, hit rebuild and they go back to 1, 2, and 3 like they should.  A couple of the views you'll see won't even autoballoon, while others will.  What gives?  I have a feeling I'm doing something that SW never expected somone to do, or there must be an easier way of doing it I don't know about.  Part of my goal here was 1 part file, 1 drawing file. 

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Nate

SolidWorks 2011 SP4, Win7 64bit

Attachments

Outcomes