AnsweredAssumed Answered

Self Help Suggestions?

Question asked by Joe Kuzich on May 24, 2012
Latest reply on May 31, 2012 by James Pare

Hi All,

I've been self teaching (more like exploring) SW for about 9 months now.  I'm an old dog at ACAD with some experience in a couple other platforms.  I've been doing a lot of; trial and error, google/youtube searches for things I think I should be able to do, asking co-workers & doing the SW tutorials.  Unfortunately, my whole company is fairly new to SW.  Is there a really good self teaching source that anyone can recommend?  I would like to make better progress faster.  I don't want to go out and just start buying books or online tutorials and hope they are easy to follow without a recommendation.  Unfortunately, I don't have SW at home to practice stuff on during free time and it's hard to find time at work with tight deadlines on everything.  I thought about taking a couple classes, but I'm currently trying to finish my graduate degree and adding more regularly scheduled classes would be hell.  I would like to find something that I might be able to read through at night, looking for stuff that might help boost my productivity that I could then try at work.  Any suggestions?

I'd like to add that finding this forum has been great.  I've been able to answer a lot of my questions searching here and I've gotten some great responses on another post I put up.  Thanks.

Joe

Outcomes