Job Title: Application Expert
COMPANY INTRODUCTION: MLC CAD Systems is a Value Added Reseller of Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp., the leader in 3D CAD technology, Product Data Management (PLM) and Product Documentation. We are also one of the largest Mastercam VAR’s in the US. We provide sales, training and support for SolidWorks and Mastercam with 30 years of experience serving the industrial, medical, scientific, consumer, educational, technology, and transportation industries.
As one of the nation's largest and most experienced CAD/CAM firms, and a driving force behind 3D Design; MLC CAD Systems, Inc. develops meaningful, long-term relationships with design and manufacturing companies that result in the capture of serious economic value for our clients. The diversity of our clients found throughout the energy, communications, aerospace, automotive, electronics, medical, and machine design disciplines requires a high level of flexibility in order to address customer needs and assure customer satisfaction.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Texas based position providing comprehensive pre and post-sales support of SolidWorks, and downstream applications including Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), and Product Data Management (PDM). Primary responsibilities include product demonstrations, competitive overviews, training, and customer service.
Candidate will provide phone and web based troubleshooting for SolidWorks and downstream applications. Candidate will assist customers with modeling, installation, and best practice questions.
Candidate will conduct standard and custom training of SolidWorks and SolidWorks add-ins. Candidate will maintain training hardware and infrastructure, including system backup and hardware upgrades.
Candidate will provide product demonstrations and benchmarking of SolidWorks and SolidWorks related add-ins. It will be necessary to provide competitive overviews, learn and understand customer business challenges, and develop demonstrations for customers.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology related discipline.
- Candidate must possess engineering, and computer troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences.
- Candidate will possess strong listening and presentation skills.
- Candidate will possess excellent customer relations skills.
- Previous experience with SolidWorks, Pro/E, Inventor or other solid modeling products is a plus.
- Familiarity with Microsoft O/S (Windows XP, Vista, and 7) and MS Office products.
- Experience with analysis (FEA, CFD) programs (SolidWorks Simulation, ANSYS or similar) is a plus.
- Experience using and implementing PDM programs (Enterprise PDM) is a plus.
- Experience with Visual Basic programming and/or database (SQL Server) work is a plus.
- Experience with electrical computer aided design products is a plus.
- Occasional travel is necessary.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us (800) 364-1652