The Simulation Engineer will deliver comprehensive pre-sales demonstrations using SolidWorks Simulation suite of FEA products to prospective customers. This position will also perform the implementation of the simulation products, serve as technical support, and provide effective training sessions to our customers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Specializes in understanding the SolidWorks Simulation suite of FEA products and providing recommendations for the best solutions to meet customer needs.
- Works with the customer and business development team to support pre and post-sales efforts.
- Analyzes customer needs, prepares specifications, design modifications, and recommendations, pertinent to the customer's needs.
- Provides technical support in person and via telephone.
- Creates proposals and service contracts for products and services.
- Provides technical training and consulting to customers.
- Coordinates and executes the installation and service of solutions for customers.
Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of Computer-Aided Design.
- Understand engineering processes and terms.
- Outstanding presentation skills.
- Customer focused and team oriented.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Some understanding of computer networking and hardware.
Education and Experience
- 4 year degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related engineering field.
- 2+ years of professional CAD and FEA experience.
- Professional experience using SolidWorks Simulation, SolidWorks Flow Simulation, Ansys, LS-Dyna, Abaqus, CF Design, Fluent, or other related FEA software.
- Prior technical support experience in a software related field.
- Experience delivering software presentations or training.