The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in assigned market. Staffs and directs a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values. Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the marketing area and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for both Account Managers and Business Development Managers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develops a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Insures that all Sales Reps meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes.
- Conducts regular coaching and counseling with Sales Reps to build motivation and selling skills.
- Maintains contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Collaborates with the Technical Manager to effectively use technical resources.
- Provides timely, accurate, competitive pricing to clients while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Maintains accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports submitted by Sales Reps.
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
Education & Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in sales management.
- Experience with software solution selling ideally in the manufacturing industry.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams.
- Effective written, verbal, and communication skills.