The Business Development Manager (BDM) effectively uses both consultative and transactional approaches to sell solutions to Graphics Systems prospective customers within his/her assigned territory. The BDM is responsible for execution of all facets of the sales cycle including, cold-calling/prospecting, qualifying, and following up with prospects, preparing and giving presentations to senior level management, and ensuring quality relationships with Graphics Systems customers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Generate sales of Graphics Systems products, primarily SolidWorks, Simulation, PDM software applications, and other products/services as required.
- Conducts aggressive prospecting and lead generation via phone and face to face visits.
- Manages sales funnel to consistently exceed assigned sales objective.
- Prepares and maintains detailed monthly forecasts and presents them to management.
- Works with Applications Engineers and other technical staff to schedule and coordinate demonstrations and events.
- Works closely with the Marketing staff to increase awareness of Graphics Systems Corp. and SolidWorks within the assigned territory.
- Maintains prospect and client database.
- Provides outstanding customer support before, during and after the sale.
- Demonstrates high morals and business integrity.
Skills & Abilities
- The ideal candidate will be a seasoned Hunter/Closer and a team player with sustained track record of sales success.
- Execute strategies and plans the ensure attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Develop and implement a regional sales plan which is aligned with company strategy and goals.
- Ability to interact at all levels within the customer's organization.
- Consistently meets and exceeds all performance metrics as assigned.
- Focused on fostering exceptional customer relationship that is second to none.
- Performs and works with a sense of urgency when carrying out sales duties.
- A "can do" attitude and tenacious in the pursuit of goal achievement and the strengthening of customer relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Education and Experience
- 4 year degree in Mechanical Engineering or Business related major.
- 3-5 years of consultative solutions selling in the software industry.
- Experience selling into manufacturing companies is a plus.
- Trained in a solution based sales process (i.e. Sandler, Adventace, Spin, etc).