The EPDM Applications Engineer will deliver comprehensive post-sales support for SolidWorks PDM products. This position will perform the implementation of enterprise PDM products, serve as technical support, and provide effective training sessions to our customers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Specializes in understanding the SolidWorks PDM products and providing recommendations for the best solutions to meet customer needs.
- Works with the customer and business development team to support pre and post-sales efforts.
- Analyzes customer needs, prepares specifications, design modifications, and recommendations, pertinent to the customer's needs.
- Coordinates and executes the installation and service of solutions for customers.
- Provides technical support in person and via telephone.
- Provides technical training and consulting to customers.
Skills & Abilities
- Understand engineering processes and terms.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Outstanding presentation skills.
- Customer focused and team oriented.
- Some understanding of computer networking and hardware.
Education and Experience
- 4 year degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related engineering field.
- 2+ years of professional PDM experience preferred.
- Experience using 3D CAD software
- Prior technical support experience in a software related field.