1 Reply Latest reply on May 17, 2012 12:39 PM by Jeff Abramson

Extra Mouse buttons / tilt wheel

Chris Lindloff

I have pretty basic Dell mouse, but it does have the extra side buttons for "forward/back" in internet explorer.  It also has a side tilting wheel.  Is there any way to make use of these buttons in Solidworks?

Ideally I would like the forward/back to act as "Green check mark / Red X" screen picks; both in sketch mode and the feature manager.  In the past I have had difficulty even setting a keyboard shortcut to accomplish this in both types of scenarios.  (I seem to remember that the green check in sketch mode is different than the green check mark in the feature manager)

As for the side tilt, any suggestions on setting this?  May be spin on a certain axis?

• Re: Extra Mouse buttons / tilt wheel
          Jeff Abramson

I have a Logitech mouse with a tilt scroll wheel. I set the tilt actions up to spin when I tilt left and pan when I tilt right. A second tilt will reset the movement back to the original select setting. This is a fantastic setup for easily moving the model around my computer screen. Using the Logitech SetPoint program that comes with the mouse, I assigned the “r” keystroke to the left tilt and “p” to the right.  I’ve got these keystrokes set up in SW via TOOL/CUSTOMIZE/KEYBOARD to do these actions. Not sure about what you are looking to accomplish, but it seems like one you get the keystroke to do what you want, you just have to program the mouse wheel tilt to generate the required keystroke.