SolidWorks Application Engineer - TPM, Inc., a leading SolidWorks VAR in the Carolinas
LOCATION: Charlotte, NC
PURPOSE: This position has four main areas of responsibility, which include but are not limited to: provide software training for customers in a classroom environment, provide technical and implementation support for customers, and provide assistance to the Sales Team as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach technical based classes for SolidWorks, Simulation and PDMWorks.
- Interact with Account Executives and customers on sales calls.
- Provide phone support to TPM’s entire client base regarding technical questions on TPM’s suite of Solidworks products.
- Provide sales support including but not limited to demonstrations, web casts, and other functions to assist the sales team.
- Assist in trade shows or product fairs designed to educate customers about TPM’s suite of software products.
- Provide implementation support for customers using SolidWorks software.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate would have 5+ years experience in Mechanical design, Data management (and/or) FEA Analysis, Simulation Engineering Analysis role or as a CAD Administrator for a manufacturing company using SolidWorks, Inventor, or other 3D CAD product. Previous experience with Pro/E, CATIA, or Solidedge would be beneficial but not required. An understanding of the complete engineering process and/or Solidworks certification is a plus. The candidate should also have experience with Microsoft office software. Excellent communication skills are essential in this position.