Position Title: SolidWorks Sales Engineer (SE)
Reports To: Sales Engineering Manager
- (1) position in Cleveland, OH
General Summary: Provide technical pre-sales support that drives multi-product solution sales for the SolidWorks family of products (ie. presenting multiple products as a "solution.") This includes SolidWorks Premium, Simulation Professional, Enterprise PDM & 3DVIA Composer. Sales support may include software demonstrations, benchmarks, trial administration, needs analysis, solution architecting, product positioning & account qualification. Serves as technical liaison for assigned geographical or account territory.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs pre-sales standard and custom demonstrations (ie. Simulation (FEA), Custom Tutorials, Partner Products, etc.) (50%)
- Performs marketing events such as Hands-On Test Drives, Tradeshows, Technology Fairs, etc. (20%)
- Provides fulfillment of the FISHER/UNITECH Major Account plan (15%)
- Performs basic post-sales activities, such as training, technical support, small implementations/project management, power users sessions, user group meetings, etc. (10%)
- Performs other duties as needed and directed by Applications Engineering Manager (5%)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of company products and services, policies and procedures
- Strong skills in oral and written communication
- Ability to communicate with employees and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner
- Skills in operating equipment, such as personal computer, software and IT systems
- Skills in repairing mechanical devices
- Ability to organize multiple work assignments and establish priorities
- Ability to negotiate with others and resolve conflicts, particularly in sensitive situations
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and to ensure accuracy of reports and data
- Ability to pass all SolidWorks certifications
Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, plus 2-5 years experience
- Seeing: Must be able to read computer screen and various documents (75-100%)
- Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with employees and others (75-100%)
- Standing/walking (0-25%)
- Climbing/stooping/kneeling (0-25%)
- Lifting/pushing/pulling (25-49%)
- Fingering/grasping/feeling: Must be able to write, type and use phone system (75-100%)
Working Conditions: Good working conditions with the absence of disagreeable conditions.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
If interested in this position, please forward an up-to-date copy of your resume in Microsoft Word format with a cover letter including realistic salary requirements. Your information will be held in the strictest of confidence.
You may also download and complete our employee application form, which will streamline our process should you be selected for an interview.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and employee application form to:
Human Resources Manager
1150 Stephenson Hwy.
Troy, MI 48083