Reports To: Customer Support Engineering Manager
Location: (2) positions available: Milford, CT and Littleton, MA
Relevant Work Experience: 2 to 5 years
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education Level: Associates Degree
General Summary: Primary responsibility to provide SolidWorks training and technical support in the New England area. Provide technical support in all aspects, relating to applications that FISHER/UNITECH supports. Handles support for 3rd party software applications. Must have core knowledge of SolidWorks. Must be a quick learner, able to handle stress and work in a fast-paced environment. Serves as technical liaison for assigned geographical or account territory.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs training in all aspects of the SolidWorks product line (30%)
- Manages incoming technical support cases (55%)
- Follows up on vendor related cases, such as Service Requests (SR) and Software Performance Reports (SPR) from SolidWorks
- Researches and creates Knowledge Base articles
- Insures technical support surveys are Excellent
- Performs pre-sales standard demonstrations (10%)
- Performs other duties as needed and directed by Customer Support Engineering Manager (5%)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of company products and services, policies and procedure
- Skills in operating equipment, such as personal computer, software and IT systems
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Ability to communicate with employees and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to speak with upset customers and reach an amicable solution
- Ability to organize multiple work assignments and establish priorities
- Ability to negotiate with others and resolve conflicts, particularly in sensitive situations
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and to ensure accuracy of reports and data
- Ability to make sound decisions using available information while maintaining confidentiality
- Ability to pass all SolidWorks certifications
Education and Experience: Associates degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, plus 2-5 years' experience
- Seeing: Must be able to read computer screen and various documents (75%-100%)
- Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with employees and others (75%-100%)
- Standing/walking (0%-25%)
- Climbing/ stooping/kneeling (0%-25%)
- Lifting/pulling/pushing (0%-25%)
- Fingering/ grasping/feeling: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system (75%-100%)
Travel: Limited to driving up to three hours from Milford, CT, office location.
Working Conditions: Good working conditions with the absence of disagreeable conditions
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
If interested in this position, please forward an up-to-date copy of your resume in Microsoft Word format with a cover letter including realistic salary requirements. Your information will be held in the strictest of confidence.
You may also download and complete our employee application form, which will streamline our process should you be selected for an interview.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and employee application form to:
Human Resources Manager
1150 Stephenson Hwy.
Troy, MI 48083