2 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2012 11:23 AM by Basam Rafou

exploded sketch lines

Basam Rafou

I am having problem saving drawing sheets for assembly that has 7 configurations. The problem is that when I fix exploded sketch lines for each configuration they show up in another one I tried to fix the explode sketch lines and make them fully defined with no success, whenever I fix one configuration , the problem occur for the other one and so on. The strange thing is the problem disappeared when I click on the configuration and when I activate exploded view and the collapse the item again the problem disappear and the model looks fine but when I save the drawing as pdf the problem again is shown on pdf sheets. Please see the attached screen shots of the model, the correct model is EX3 while the other two configurations should not have these exploded sketch lines.       

I am running SW2012 PRO. SP3.0 , 64bit W7. Video card  Nvidia QUAD FX 3700.

• Re: exploded sketch lines
          Scott McFadden

Basam,

Are you making the exploded lines in your model or your drawing?

It has been my experience that you cannot have individual exploded views for each configuration.

This alone may be your issue.  If you place the lines perfect for one config and then switch to the

next one, the lines are probably confused because either the part moved or is not longer there.

Do you have the exploded distances controlled in your configurations?

Are you using a designt table to control the configs?