AnsweredAssumed Answered

Next YSWUG Meeting

Question asked by Chris Scarlett on May 9, 2012

Hello YSWUG members, just a reminder:

Our next meeting is coming up a week from Thursday at CWU in the new Hogue Technology building at 6pm on Thursday, May 17th starting in room 102 (look for the signs).   This should be a really fun meeting.

Below are some meeting updates

Proposed agenda:

6pm, welcome, tours and dinner

• Concurrent with dinner will be an introduction to our sponsors including 3D Connexion, and the Rapid Group.
  • Also along with dinner will be tours of our building, facilities and projects by our students.
  • For dinner we will have a summer buffet consisting of sub sandwiches, relish tray, fruit tray, fresh fried potato chips and pop.

About 6:30pm we will meet in the CAD Lab in room 207 and prepare for the modeling contest.

• I would like to organize teams of 2 to 3 people consisting of users group members and students.  Every team needs a student to log in on a computer.
  • Models will be similar to the Model Mania contest at SolidWorks World (visit this LINK for an idea what Model Mania is like, move ahead about 3 minutes into the video).
  • More information will be coming out regarding the contest rules and methods in subsequent emails.
  • Prizes will be 2 Space Navigator 3D Connexion mice, $25 gas and Home Depot gift cards, various SolidWorks prizes like a backpack, drink cups, portable coolers and other neat items.
  • Before the contest Garrett Griffith will give a brief presentation on the capabilities of his new 3D mouse.

About 7pm, back in room 102, Clem See, CSWE, will give a technical presentation on using 3D sketches for Weldments, Routing, the Hole Wizard and other applications.

About 7:45, Jeff Abramson will announce the winners of the modeling contest and award the prizes (members of the winning team will get first choice).

About 8pm adjournment.

If you have not done so yet please confirm whether you will be coming or not so I can plan for the food and drink.

Carpooling from Yakima:  Andy Allinger, from Design Service Corp has offered to drive in a carpooling arrangement if anyone wants to save money on gas.  He has 3 open seats so please contact Andy at andrew@designservicecorp.com to make arrangements.  If there are other offers to drive, or if you need a ride, respond to this email and I will try to arrange this.

Also let me know if you are interested in the modeling contest.

Hope to see you all soon.

Chris

509-899-2732

http://www.yakima1.com/yswug/

Outcomes