9 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2012 3:15 AM by Joy Garon

Pro/E file can't change state in EPDM

Clark Lin

Hi everyone,

My company have started to use EPDM, but when test, I found that Pro/E files can't change state.

e.g. When Check in/Check out a .prt or .drw file, it will popup a warning "The file-format plugin cannot handle this file because there is a component missing".

But solidworks file or .dwg files is all OK. I wonder why?

Is anybody aware of this issue. What can i do for That?

It looks My EPDM may not install correctly?

oops, software version: Prp/E 5.0 M020;  EPDM 2011;

----updates----

1,upload warning screenshot

2,Maybe SW Knowledge Base already have this in discussion. But i cann't open the threads there(oversea sites are not easy to open in China), could anyone can help to check for me?

open https://customercenter.solidworks.com/SWSearch/, and input "transition pro/e" for search, discussion threads may in the bottom, and with titile "What can cause the error "Could not perform transition on file xyz. No matching plug in" when transitioning a Pro/ENGINEER® file with a variable update?"

updates @ 14:30 am.

I have test the item2, which discussed in KB, solustion is to import few key values into registry. But IT DOES NOT WORK.

I am going on to found other ways.

消息编辑者为:Clark Lin

Solution Updates @ May 26

Hi all, My Issue have be solved.I have got reply from USA, they have found the reason and give a solution.  It cause by the environment variables PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE and PDMWE_PROE_START were not be added to system environment.

If you have the same error with me, you can resolve it by the following steps:

1, Make sure Pro/E is installed properly, and get the install location.

2, Go to Start Menu, right click on ‘Computer’ and select ‘Properties’ -> Click on ‘Advanced System Settings’ ->Click on ‘Environment Variables’.

3. Add below two variables in System environment.

a, PDMWE_PROE_START

d:\Program Files\proeWildfire 5.0\bin\proe.exe    -  You should change the value in accord with your Pro/e install location.

b. PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE

d:\Program Files\proeWildfire 5.0\x86e_win64\obj\pro_comm_msg.exe -  You should change the value in accord with your Pro/e install location.

4, Reboot your machine. It is done.

• Re: Pro/E file can't change state in EPDM
          Scott McFadden

Clark,

First of all, EPDM is made by Desault systems the same mfg as Solidworks so that is what SW is compatible

without an issue.

I am mostly familiar with PDM workgroup and in that PDM software other files other then SW files can be rev controled and

checked in/out.  With EPDM being the higher end of workgroup I would think you should be able to do the same thing.

Can you post a screen shot of this error message?

FYI, windchill PDM software is made by PTC the same mfg's of Pro-E so if you are strictly using Pro-E you might want to look into the windchill software instead.