2 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2012 4:08 PM by Jerry Steiger

Remove Educational warning/popup

Jason Cox

I started with a educational version of Solidworks about 6 months ago.  My work currently has Solidworks Pro 12 installed; but any time I load a file I made personally, I get the warning that the part was made with the Educational software.  I have tried all sorts of ways to save it, and get the warning no matter what.  Any way to remove this; it is not vital, but annoying, and a little embarising when the boss wants to see a part!

• Re: Remove Educational warning/popup
          Glenn Schroeder

You will have to contact your Value Added Reseller for help with that.

• Re: Remove Educational warning/popup
            Jerry Steiger

Jason,

If you are talking about files that you made when you were using the educational version, then Glenn has given you the correct advice.

If you are having problems with files that you made since you started using the professional version, then it is likely that you have a problem with your templates. If your templates were made with the educational version and then revised for use with the professional version, they are quite likely to still have the educational watermark. You either need to make brand new templates or, possibly, have your VAR modify the template files the same as any other files made with the educational version.

Jerry Steiger