7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2012 5:30 PM by Jim Little

Can you provide a generic titleblock

Kevin Bradberry

I've never made a drawing in SolidWorks before.  Can anyone provide a titleblock template?  I don't know the terminology for SW, but I want a template for drawings and I want it to be as smart as possible.  You know, use system parameters to fill in the scale, material, partname, filename, etc.  Can anyone tell me the steps; you don't have to go into great detail, I just want to be pointed in the correct direction so that I can do the right way from the beginning.

Thanks,

Kevin

• Re: Can you provide a generic titleblock
          Alin Vargatu

There you go. In the Attached zip file, you will find a pretty detailed title block. I included a pretty nice BOM template if you need one.

I used this example in my SWW2012 presentation. Let me know if you need more details.

Kevin Bradberry

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'll check it out and get back to you.

Kevin Bradberry
                1. Can I quickly change the sheet size & how?
                2. How do I go about using the drawing you provided as a template that will appear when I create new drawings?

Forgive me for being lazy.  I know these are fairly easy questions to answer on my own by looking through help, but I'm in a new position and I'm trying to learn SW as fast as possible.

Thanks,

Kevin

Alin Vargatu

1. Starting from the sheet format I included, you would have to create the other sizes. Once that is done, changing the sheet size is as easy as changing the Sheet Properties (RMB on the sheet).

I would start by opening a new drawing, select the size you want, (let's say A size), edit the sheet format, delete everything, copy & paste the entities from my sheet format, adjust size, save the sheet format as a template accordingly to that size.

2. Save the drawing as a drawing template.

Sorry, but you will have to read a bit more, or watch a few videos. You have a bit of work ahead of you. The good news, it is a one time activity. Once the templates are created you are good to go for years.

Learn also about how to use Custom Properties. If you have 90 minutes to spare, I can send you the link for a video in this regard.

Ken Lindeman

Could a person get the link you were talking about

Jim Little

Alin, could you pls send me the link referrred to about using custom properties?...I am in teh middle of setting up drawing templates and want to use as many 'smart' attributes as I can.

Thanks-

Jim Little

jlittle@veeder.com

Alin Vargatu wrote:

1. Starting from the sheet format I included, you would have to create the other sizes. Once that is done, changing the sheet size is as easy as changing the Sheet Properties (RMB on the sheet).

I would start by opening a new drawing, select the size you want, (let's say A size), edit the sheet format, delete everything, copy & paste the entities from my sheet format, adjust size, save the sheet format as a template accordingly to that size.

2. Save the drawing as a drawing template.

Sorry, but you will have to read a bit more, or watch a few videos. You have a bit of work ahead of you. The good news, it is a one time activity. Once the templates are created you are good to go for years.

Learn also about how to use Custom Properties. If you have 90 minutes to spare, I can send you the link for a video in this regard.