3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2012 12:54 AM by Graydon Udelhoven

Is HighRES as capable as RevWorks?

Joel Presnell

We are looking at replacing RevWorks as our reverse engineering add-in to SolidWorks. I would like to know other's experience with this software. Is there another software available?

• Re: Is HighRES as capable as RevWorks?
          Mark Praner

Was wondering if you ever got an answer on this?

We are in a demo of HighRes right now and it scans from our Romer 3D Arm very slow.

Joel Presnell

I have not received any response on this question. Through our own research we have identified DezignWorks and Point2Cad as options to replace RevWorks. We have not evaluated HighRes due to the fact they want us to purchase the training before trying the software. We probe all of our parts so I can't help you with their scanning speeds for these other options.

Graydon Udelhoven

I have just recently purchased a Faro Edge 9ft 7 axis arm which I am very pleased with, I have had no issues with hard probing measurements with the arm. I also purchased dezignworks for interfacing software with solidworks, i am currently operating on the most updated systems of all three components and I am having major problems with the repeatability of measurments in dezignworks. When I measure certain entities with the faro arm I am getting great results, but the minute I use dezignworks I have problems with commands not finishing and having to measure the same entity multiple times to get accurate results. Dezignworks is working with me on this to work possible problems out, but as of now I am not impressed and don't have much trust in the system. However this software is insanley powerful and I hope to get the problems fixed becuase the possibilities are endless.