5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2012 11:07 AM by Carlos Vila

Proengineer WildFire 5  check-in problem

Carlos Vila

Hello everyone,

We are working win SolidWorks Enterprise PDM  and we are testing the integration of diferent CAD objects

We are working with ProEngineer Wildfire 5 M060 and although the add-in is correctly installed when we save we have a problem I will try to explain.

1. ProE saves the prt object without the number (version) usin the Enterprise PDM add-in.

When you try to chek in  it shows you a warning that says:

"plug-in file format can not register because it lacks a component"

2. Then,  if a change the extension from *.prt to *.prt.1 I can register it but edrawings cannot show the preview and I cannot open it.

I would appreciete any help

Thanks

Carlos

• Re: Proengineer WildFire 5  check-in problem
          Orionl Lidji

Hi Carlos,

I'm working with the same version of PRO-engineer and with Epdm 2012 SP3 (and till two weeks ago I had ePDM 2011 SP2).

I never had this problem 'till I upgrade to 2012.

When asked my reseller I undferstood that SOLIDWORKS don't give automatically the add-ins and you have to request it (one for 32 bit and one for 64bit).

Since installed, everything works file.

TRY CALL YOU'R SUPPORT.

Orion Lidji.

Carlos Vila

Dear Orionl,

Thanks a lot for you suggestion.

The PDMWE works fine except this issue.

I think that there is a problem with the ProE add-in. I can check-in the  proe file with the versioned extension but I can not chek-in the *.prt files.

It says that there is a missed component.

However, I can perfectly watch the prt files with edrawings but edrawings doesn't recognize versioned files (*.prt.1).

We will upgrade to 2012 next july so I will tell you.

Thanks a lot for your answer

Carlos

Jeff Sweeney

Do you get a different behavior if Wildfire is already open in the background or if you check in the file from within the Wildfire interface?

Orionl Lidji

I had some cases that the Check-In action is trying to open different session for this action, this happend when I opened a file and worked on it foa while and than Check-In. If i terminate the session and open Pro-E again and try to Check -In everything worked fine.

The Pro-E in the background session (Check-In through Explorer) isn't using the native Pro-E "start location" and you should check that at this location you have a correct config.pro pointing to correct seachPath.pro

The Background session is working much faster than working through Pro-E window.

Carlos Vila

Dear Jeff,

Dear Orionl,

Thanks a lot for you suggestion.

I have the same behavior with Wildfire open and Wildfire closed. Obviously with my session initiated. 

As I explained to Orionl it seems to be something of the add-in or, as suggested by Orionl, with the config.pro

I will check this last comment.

Thanks a lot

Carlos