AnsweredAssumed Answered

Card Editor doesn't work over VPN

Question asked by Jonathan Gamble on Apr 25, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 26, 2012 by Jim Pietrovito

I am going through the process of setting up our vault.  As everyone who has ever done it knows, designing the File, Folder, Template and Search cards is a real pain and takes forever.  For this reason, I wanted to do some work from home.  We have a VPN connection, which works well except for the Card Editor.  I can run Solidworks without problems, and I have access to the vault, so I can view files, check them out, edit in SW, and check back in. EPDM Administration also works; I can log into the vault and edit lists, variables, workflow etc etc, BUT when I try to open the card editor, nothing happens.  The icon appears in the task manager, and there are no errors in the log file, but the editor window won't open.  Everything works fine when I am physically in the office and logged directly into the network.  The only difference I can see is the VPN.

Has anyone had similar problems?  Does anyone have any suggestions as to the cause and/or solution??  Our IT support group is looking into it, and we have a call into Solidworks, but I just wanted to see if anyone out there could help....

Outcomes