1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 21, 2012 7:22 PM by 1-4EQZK9

How do you configure SW for a wide screen monitor

Recently I have reconfigured my workstation. I have a HP Compaq LA2405wg wide screen monitor (I actually have two but lets limit the conversation to one) and I 'm driving it with a Nvidia Quadro M3700m. I have the resolution set at 1920x1080.  Is there a setting on the Nvidia card to auto scale to a wide screen format so that my sketch circle - for instance don't look like ellipse, or do I need to just accept that I need to go to a lower resolution 1680x1050 so that it fits my monitor wide screen format?

Anyone who has had these struggles, I would appreciate hearing there experiences and recommendations.

Regards

Mark

• Re: How do you configure SW for a wide screen monitor

Okay - after a little playing with my windows screen resolution, I have it at 1920x1200 which seems to work. I don't know how I got that choice and did not get it before. hum... but it seems to satisfy my issue now and my SW sketch circle looks like a circle. I think it might have something to do with my 2nd monitor and the fact that I like to "extend" my desktop and have my 1st monitor as my primary (i.e. taskbar and desktop icons.) I also can only get 1600x1200 on my 2nd monitor but I think that is because I'm using a VGA instead of DVI cable.

Regards

Mark